Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia football head coach Mark Richt honored at halftime of game against Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia football head coach Mark Richt honored at halftime of game against Missouri

Former Georgia football head coach Mark Richt honored at halftime of game against Missouri

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikeConnellyMikeConnelly Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    edited November 2021

I was 7. Marc was my first and only QB til he suddenly moved to FL when were sophomores.

I promise: we lost twice in seven years.

We beat Boulder Baseline Junior High 84-13. Coach got suspended for two weeks.

I scored 5 TDS. Marc …. The rest.

We never kicked. Punted like steak: rare.

My Mom: “He’s the nicest boy.”

I went to his house in mid-August to get a game of football going to prepare for Fall, after a state baseball tournament.

Seasons change in a small town.

He moved. I cried for a few days. I still miss him, … that. We were good.

Next time I spoke with him, Dan Reeves cut him in favor of Gary Kubiack . . . . . I was a cub reporter for The Rocky Mountain News. I hired Adam Schefter to replace me.

Later, I would win a Pulitzer (Columbine) be a finalist four more times, and BREAK the story Jordan quit basketball to play baseball … he told me before he told his wife. Invented the DC Examiner and wrote the jingle “Five Dollar Footlong.” For my business partner … Fred DeLuca.

marc is my QB. Onsides seeds will.

brothers on Schwinn’s.

Boys … dreamin’.

Win young; win always.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Your 3rd grade teacher will be looking for this assignment in her inbox, before Monday. Nice story, I think? 🤔🤔

• DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

Class act you are Coach! Thanks for all the great years leading our Dawgs! God bless you sir

• Dawg50Dawg50 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Coach Richt is such a man of Class. He Knew how to win and teach young men how to become fine young men and contribute to society. Words cannot express the gratitude of a man of integrity representing the UGA . Coach K. Smart learn from this man and showed his thanks to and up standing man. Thank you Couch Richt for all the trills and touching the hearts of the Bulldog Nation. May the Lord bless and Watch over you and yours. In Jesus Name

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Loved Mark Richt. Won so many games. If only the team showed up more in the big games. And had we only caught a break at the end of the 2012 SEC Championship Game, he would have brought us a National Championship that year. Would like to have seen what would have happened had that last pass not been tipped...at worse we would have had another play. Would have won another one Stafford's junior season had we gotten the chance to play for it. Hottest and best team in the country, won 9 in a row I think, looked like world beaters. Les Miles and LSU got the chance instead and won it all while UGA played and destroyed undefeated Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl 55-10 or something. Almost had 2 of them. Closer than any coach since Dooley and 1982. Thanks Coach for everything. Know we all love you. And any that doesn't, they just don't get it.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks Coach for everything. Know we all love you.