Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Missouri ‘Show Me’ run defense did Georgia a favor in Bulldogs’ 43-6 win

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageMissouri ‘Show Me’ run defense did Georgia a favor in Bulldogs’ 43-6 win

ATHENS — Missouri was determined not to let Georgia run the football on Saturday, often dropping a safety closer to the line, stuffing the box and daring UGA to pass.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

This gives the remaining opponents something to think about & JT was able to knock some of that rust off. His arm looked well rested based on the zip he had on the ball. It would have been nice to see him play the entire half but he played.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The absence of Salyer wasn't the overwhelming factor as to why we couldn't run the ball. We hardly ran to the the left (Salyer's side) at all. We just couldn't get it done running off tackle. Surprised we didn't do more counter plays. But grateful for the win. Go Dawgs!

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Love Stetson, he's a definite baller. BUT, at least 3 maybe 4 of his passes might be picked off by better teams. Hypothetical, yes, but JT needs to get reps to get back to his accurate self. Tennessee at home isn't a gimme by any stretch of the imagination and the SEC Championship and beyond will present way more challenges than the regular season. I have to hope and believe Kirby realizes this and is just playing it cagey. Love Bennett's wheels, but JT, when hot opens up the passing game that UGA is gonna need. Hopefully Pickens will be back as well.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teams have been loading the box on us since last season. I think they do that because we can't block them up front. Every week it seems like the team we play got gashed by the run the week before by a lessor opponent and then they shut us down. Florida is gashed by LSU's run game and they by-in-large shut us down. Vandy ran for 250 last week against the Tigers. Go figure. Better keep getting healthy and better in the passing game I guess. I don't see any improvement or magic wand for the run blocking.

KM and Zeus both averaged 1.6 yard per carry. THis is laughable. Elite!!!

• CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Missouri "Show Me" trope never gets old, does it?