Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia’s curious quarterback situation continues to unfold during 43-6 win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s curious quarterback situation continues to unfold during 43-6 win over Missouri

ATHENS — Kirby Smart gave Stetson Bennett an earful on Saturday, but he also gave him the start, a script few could have seen coming at the beginning of the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, hire JT as the QB coach. He seems to fit that role perfectly. Let him become a player/coach. I guess he's filling that position already, isn't he.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to Go Dawgs! Keep it going!

GO DAWGS!

• DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it will come a time sometime in the next 2 months that both will be needed to make big plays. Keep grinding in that QB room guys! Proud to pull for both of you!

Go Dawgs!

• EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

Embellishment/sensationalism ....that's all he's got.

"Same as it ever was".

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm done being negative about the QB situation - it's time to focus on getting us to the finish line!

As I've mentioned in the past, it's like having Aaron Murray and Matthew Stafford on the same team. Who is better? Depends how you look at it. Either way, it's amazing to have both.

I very much appreciate Smart putting in Daniels with 26 mins left in the game. He definitely needed the reps and I'm not sure why people are negative - the guy reminds us of how he has a cannon. The INT was off, but wasn't a crazy bad throw. Bennett's passes required more... creativity to catch them, but whatever works.

I'm still disappointed in the lack of game reps for Beck and Vandagriff, but I've accepted that. It's a #1 team - you have to be better than good. If Beck transfers, then he transfers. I think Vandagriff would be a fool to leave at this point, so we should be in good shape for next year.

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭ Junior

as i rewatched the game. Here is what I saw that I think both sides need to be better at to compete at a high level against elite competition:

Defense

-pass rush: it’s not bad but needs to improve. Have to make the QB panic to make bad decisions.

-tackling: saw some sloppy tackling during the game. Gotta fix that quick.

-CB: communication

Offense

-OL: even though Mizzou was stacking the box, need to see better production. There were some missed assignments and Mizzou just “wanted it more.”

-RB: need to work on staying on their feet more once breaking through the first level. Not sure it’s a safety thing, but they fall down too easy.

WR: work in catching balls.

QB: Stetson to continue to work on timing of throws and accuracy. Study with JT on pre-reads.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there was ever a QB controversy at UGA, and the reality is there never really was, only the media hype and fan frustration. That so-called controversy ended this Sat. Or at least should have. Kirby and his coaching staff have that under control. And out of topic please excuse me, they also have the sloppy play “at times” under control as well. The team as a whole in particular the Defense will want to earn Kirby and the coaching staff praise vs. TN. So though I expect the Vols to come out charged up and ready to try to knock off the Dawgs after I expect some early but limited success by them, the Dawgs will go on to prevail by a solid score. A little footnote here, JT Daniels will be just fine, just allot of rust to knock off, don’t get mad and frustrated if Stets starts And stays for a while vs the Vols. Kirby will want to get a safe lead Then bring JT in. Expect to see much more of JT vs Charleston Southern the next week. Go Dawgs !!

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a story about what the head coach had to say about his quarterbacks and what Stetson Bennett said about his relationship with JT. Ladd McConkey also provided some insight into the mindset of a player returning from injury.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The longer this goes on with SBIV starting the less I see CKS making a change in starting QB. If you remember last year the AL DL penetrated and got their hands up and blocked a few of of SBIV's passes. Including 1 INT. ALSO, remember that GPickens was underutilized until JTD took over as starting QB. Pickens production took off w/JTD at QB. Hate to see GPickens work so hard to come back this year and then not be able to get the ball to him.