Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia opens as a commanding favorite at Tennessee, ‘Neyland is gonna be rocking’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia opens as a commanding favorite at Tennessee, ‘Neyland is gonna be rocking’

ATHENS — Georgia has opened as a 22-point road favorite at Tennessee in the teams’ 3:30 p.m showdown next Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

John Pennington said today on his TV show, they should start the Hendon Hooker for Heismon Award for next year this week. We'll see what happens, they did schedule UGA for Home Coming, that's pretty telling.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I don't think I've ever seen such a fast operating offense as Heupel's Tennessee squad. Jimminy Cricket they are fast between plays!

Something tells me we're going to need to slow the game down like KY did in order to give our defense time to rest between series. I'm hoping the TN defense will still be tired and recovering after last night. 99 plays....wow. Hoping we can get a decent pass rush on Hooker.

Well, I'd say our offense is just about as good as it's going to get right now with all the weapons on the field. Heck, we should get Blaylock back as well at some point this month. If we ever had a game where we might have to play from behind, this would be the one. TN can score quickly and often if given the opportunity. We'd better be able to do the same.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Neyland is gonna be rocking” is only half true! It will be rocking to begin the game. By the middle of the third quarter there should be a smattering of orange but mostly red and black in the stands. No other fan base is quicker to head for the gates than Vol Nation once the game is decided in the opponents favor.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be interesting to see how the defense adjust while missing their sacks leader, against the pass happy Vols.

It will be a good test for the Dawgs Secondary. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How about Florida? They sure get out of whatever they're now calling that stadium in Jacksonville.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is said their offense plays fact. With the speed of our defense, they'd best do so. UGA 39-10.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Tennessee was at rock bottom and left for dead. Amazing what a good coach can do with less than stellar athletes.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KY put up 42 on the Vols. There is a chink in the defensive armor somewhere. Each team must have been scoring almost every series. UGA must slow down the pace. Vols coach is really good. He knows how to best utilize the players he has and ram the ball down the opponent's throat, but a good offense can also score against the Vols. UGA's defense will be the difference. However, teams are getting the hang of UGA and are stuffing the box against the run. Fortunately we have QBs that have experience against this very maneuver. Both lines must hold up on Saturday....try to avoid another cold 1st half start. The Vols are gunning for UGA, feeling emboldened after win over KY. UGA will prove too much for them over 4 quarters.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This will be an interesting test for the Dawgs defensively. Slowing down their pace and limiting their opportunities; this may be the most challenging game of the year. Hope the defense comes to play with an attitude.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tennessee is scoring more than 10 points. They put up 45 on Kentucky in Lexington with next to no posession. This is going to be closer than people expect, Mizzou left 10 points on the field...Tennessee finds them to keep it closer. 41-23

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nyland Green is also going to be rocking.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt, Tennessee's offense is prolific. But interesting to note that as prolific and fast-paced as they are, they won by just three points (with the deciding points coming via a Pick 6) and had to hold off a driving UK team until the final minute. If Georgia plays as it normally does, on both offense and defense, we should win. We can't, however, afford a repeat of our Missouri performance. I don't think we will. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have a different perspective. When teams are not talented, they have to resort to gimmicks to be competitive. It’s like when GT went to the triple option under Paul Johnson. But eventually teams figure out how to shut it down and you are left with less talented players. If the gimmick becomes all your program is about, it impacts recruiting as well.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

THIS is the game that I actually have been looking forward to the past couple of weeks. I've watched a couple of Tennessee games and I must admit Heupal has them playing good. This is the test that I wanted to see if our defense is REALLY elite. Heupal's offense is Oklahoma-esqe with the fast tempo and spreading your defense with the big plays. Playing them at Neyland Stadium is going to be hard. I was somewhat disappointed with Kentucky. I was expecting Kentucky's defense to be a better in stopping Tennessee. If they stop Tennessee, then it will quiet the remaining doubters about our defense on the back end.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just hope that the Defense gets over their Adam Anderson hangover from last Saturday and starts to learn to play without him. He will be missed but nothing can be done about it now. We will need several players to pick up the slack. TN will be a challenging game with their fast paced offense that will limit the amount of switching the Dawgs can do on D. It will be a terrific challenge to keep them to 13 points or less.

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heck the VOLs....

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My biggest concern is our defense tiring, as it will be near impossible to make substitutions. Tenn will score more than 14 points, but UGA should prevail. 44-24.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lets hope that we come out aggressive as I think we'll need to be. We can't just run it up the middle in typical smash-mouth football. Ideally, I'd like to see adjustments based on how they play their D. Bennett might be the starter, but if they load the box then put in JT and have him start launching some bullets deep.