Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media expects Tennessee to give Georgia football a ‘difficult test’ in Week 11

SystemSystem Posts: 10,693 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageNational media expects Tennessee to give Georgia football a ‘difficult test’ in Week 11

Georgia football takes on Tennessee this weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee's offensive play calling speed is the only reason that I am a little worried about this weekend as that tends to keep defenses winded and off-balance. Otherwise, we should normally have no problem with these guys - even in Knoxville. We will need to try and control the pace of the game and time of possession when we have the ball, give the D time to rest, and score points. Which means our run game will need to be used often and be effective. I do think TN will score more points against us than any team this year, but we don't want to be getting into a shootout with these guys. You lose control of the game that way. It will certainly be a test for the Dawg's D, but we will still come out on top.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Limiting explosive plays is key to slowing down the Tennessee offense, stop the chunk plays. For sure this won't be easy. Being the visiting team doesn't make this any easier. However our tenacious defense is far better than Kentucky's. We can exploit the Tennessee pass defense when they stack the box to thwart the run game. We will get explosive plays rushing just need to work more on 3rd and short yardage plays getting that extra push. That said we can not have any turnovers to help them out. Special teams needs to contribute more on returns, love the punt/kick blocks though. Go Dawgz sic'em. 😎

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just hem up the QB as BAMA did and we'll be OK. He's faster than any we've faced but from what I've seen he isn't a horse to bring down like some we've faced. Almost comical watching Nakobe bounce off the Missou QB once last week.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor,

It should be mentioned in your QB stats that eventhough JT has a slightly higher completion percentage he is only averaging about 8 yards per attempt to Stetson’s 12…..that’s a huge difference. Also, the mailman averages over 7 yards per carry…..by far the best on our team for anyone with over 2 carries this season while JT averages -5 per carry. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My opinion may be contrary to the justified fear that some have (myself included) but our D passed the test of Rburn / Bo Nix with flying colors.

Tennessee hasn't faced a defense like ours, and I think their fast offense is simply going to be outmatched. I think Hooker is going to be running for his life.

I'd love to see Nakobe and Cousin Nolan get at least 2 sacks each. I absolutely hate it about Adam Anderson (I'm praying that the allegations aren't true...as that whole story sounds strange to me), but it offers an opportunity for others on the defense to step up. I'd love for Travon, JD, and Jalen to load up on sacks and TFLs.

We need some explosiveness to break the game open, and crush their morale (team and fans alike), and I think Monken will design plays that fit the need!

This team has met every challenge so far, and I think their attitude is one reason why!

Jordan Davis didn't forego millions of dollars to not win the Natty! He'll help get the team ready!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go back a few narratives to KY, Mizzou and others...same caveats and worries that UGA will be sorely tested...the opponent has a great RPO QB...staunch but mobile defense and/or offense, a WR that can leap tall buildings in a single bound....on and on. UGA corners will not hold up...too many Dawgs out...this could be the big test. Now it's the lightning fast offense of TN. QB Hooper fastest we've seen...thought that was Richardson of FL? TN is coming off a win against a top 25.. team and yes they will be energized....but beatable. UGA has some of its wideouts back, JT is slowly getting his rhythm at QB to help out, the TEs are doing a great job....UGA looking stronger..IMO. So, I think UGA will handle this game in the trenches and the air...TN will probably box-8.

• Options

If we can get them off the field quickly their defense is going to wear down. Especially, if we can break their spirit with a couple of long drives to start the game. Get the lead and keep the hammer down.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As I have posted before, STOP with the thought of "wearing down the defense". That isn't going to happen. UK ran 99 plays and had the ball for 46 minutes, and still UT was flying to the ball on that last drive. Had 2 sacks during it. UGA does not run 99 plays or possess the ball that long ever. UGA is going to have to not give up the big play, or allow them to drive. They like to throw quick passes when there is pressure. Just like Miss St. did last year. If they do that and UGA gives up that much t.o.p. they could easily lose this game. But, I don't think UT has the patience to go on long drives. They have to keep Hooker in the pocket and get him on the ground.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options

They will be energized as long as they believe they are still in the game. Hence why I said get up early on them. If we get up 21-0 before they can bat an eye, the crowd noise goes down and the defense starts panicking and gets demoralized.

KY was with us and energized until 2:00 minutes to go in the half. Then all help broke loose. Then we came out and scored early in the 3rd. Boom!! Game over pretty much at that point. All the adrenaline was gone by then. They knew their fate.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Preach it!

Even if KY Jelly was still moving fast, they weren't getting mashed by UGA o-line play after play. UGA needs to control the ball and the clock. Keep UT offense off the field. When they do get on the field, get them a few 45 second 3 and outs and see how long their defense can hold up with a one minute break. They will be SCREAMING for TV time outs. Get up by 4 scores and their D will implode. KY jelly and UT were able to score on each other's porous defenses. The recipe will be different, this Saturday. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

This is cbs looking for views this game wont be close our defense is pissed after last weeks game!!! 49-13 only because CKS pulls starters early

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did any of these “experts” watch the tenn/uk game? Kentucky missed a lot of tackles and couldn’t cover their receivers. Our defense is a whole lot better than uk’s and tenn does have 4 losses. Just saying.

• Options
    UGADawg85UGADawg85 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I think it will be a closer game than most people think. TN has been energized by some recent wins and they are a high-tempo offense. I still expect UGA to win but I can tell you that TN would love nothing more than to play spoiler to an undefeated UGA season. We've already locked in the SEC East, but they are not going to lay down, I guarantee. They stole a win from us in 2016 on a Hail Mary (although there were certainly other things going wrong near the end of that game). I know they will play UGA with all they have to give, espcially coming off a hard-fought (45-42) win over KY last week. It will be tough to contain these mongooses to under 13 points like we have everyone else, so we need to be ready to score with deep balls and not just grinding 3 yard runs out. For QB, I think either SB or JT can get us there but I think JT will end up bringing us the last few scores to win.