Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN expert: ‘Gap’ separates Georgia, even though Bulldogs have ‘limitations on offense’

2»

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The limitations of the Georgia offense is being greatly exaggerated.

Scoring Offense: SEC - No.1 Alabama 43 PPG. No.2 UGA 38 PPG. Ohio St 44.9 PPG. Oklahoma 42 PPG.

A couple of points that should be considered when judging the potential of GA's offensive.

No.1 the offense has been missing essentially every returning receiver who started a game in 2020. They have just gotten 3 of those receivers back and healthy. Not to mention, TE Darnell Washington missed all but the last two games.

The offense is going to get better.

Also, Georgia has blown out every opponent save one. The offense has mostly went to the run game In the 4th quarter of those games. Opting to burn clock while playing the second string to build depth, rather than score another 7-17 sure points.

Georgia doesn't need to score points late in games, like Ohio St and Oklahoma because the score is still close in many games of their games.

The Dawgs scoring numbers could easily be much higher.

I hope the media keeps heaping on the anti-Rat Poison. I'm sure the player's will take notice...

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh and by the way the mop up defensive Junkyard Dawgz is learning to be Elite, bad news for the rest of the SEC for the coming years.😎

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We do struggle to be run dominant. Let's be honest, at times we can be made to be one dimensional. However, our passing attack has always risen to the occasion when needed and then it goes back in the box like a toy a kid plays with til he's tired of it. I often times want to beat my head against a wall when we conitinue to try to run the ball up the gut on a team and get stymied every time. And then it's like the light comes on and it's like ok, we gave it a shot, now let's go to the air. PAss, pass run, pass, pass, run,pass,TD. ANd it looks easy.

I know coaches like to try to deliver some body blows early on to use a boxing analogy to try to wear down the D-Line for later in the game. I understand that to some degree, but why not just do what you do best pass and score and score again and again and their won't be a need to wear them down later on.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree, it's working right now. But what happens when it's not? But your statement about using the offense to keep the defense fresh by limiting the other teams t.o.p. is honestly not true. Since the last 3 opponents have had a higher t.o.p. then UGA did. Even Mizzou had 10 extra minutes. What's keeping the defense fresh is the 2nd and 3rd teams that can come off the bench. So my concern is, what happens when the offense still plays this uninspired game and the 1st team defense has to play longer, how much is the defense going to suffer? I know the depth is the key.

Think back to 2018, when UGA had a really good defense, they dominated everyone pretty much, until the SECCG, and the 1st team had to play in the 4th qtr, they got tired. They haven't had to play in the 4th qtr all year except clemson. I do understand that the 2nd team is probably good enough to start on most teams, but still, have to wonder if it's close. Like other comments, UGA has to stop coming out so conservative and slow.

I would just really enjoy seeing what this team is capable of when they constantly attack from both sides of the ball for a whole game. I don't think anyone would have a problem with a 63-13 win against UT. Lol.

As I have said before, by keeping the ball on offense, without a pick 6 or a scoop and score from a fumble, the other team has a 0% chance of scoring.

GO DAWGS!!!!!