Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Reports: Georgia speedster Arian Smith suffers potential season-ending injury

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA has recorded thirteen or more groin and leg/ankle injuries we know about. Arian Smith has played very little since last year. I think two games. Now he again waits til next season. There is something on the practice field that is affecting the feet and legs. Commenters have mentioned this before. Salyer has been out with a foot injury. Ameer Speed, ankle. Several ACLs. Puzzling.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will be pissed if he has been trying to play with a stress fracture this whole season.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Get well young man and we're praying for you.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Couldn't agree more with UGA66. Someone needs to check the practice field turf and foundation and see if it's causing this. Statistically, the likelihood that this many players all have these practice-related, leg-oriented issues at the same time without some common externality (e.g., practice field, poor conditioning staff. etc.) seems small... 🙄

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Ok, regarding this idea that Smart is to blame for these injuries. I suppose on the surface it's as good a guess as any. We hear how hard they practice, we see the injuries, dots are connected. Fine. But here's what I don't get: Why now?

So, the assertion is that losing half the two-deep (or anything close to that) is just a natural and inevitable consequence of running the program the way Smart runs it. But if that's the case, then why is it only showing up now in year 6? I mean, if you can't accept bad luck as an explanation for why we're in this situation, then you certainly can't say that we've avoided it for the past several years as a result of good luck. So if the current injury situation is simply what's to be expected from running practices the way they're being run, then that must mean Smart hadn't been doing it this way prior to this year. Which would mean that entering his 6th season as a head coach, he up and changed his philosophy on how to run his program. And so ardently does he believe in this way of doing things that he's never felt the need to adhere to previously, that even as the significant injuries have mounted immediately and incessantly, he doesn't see any reason to depart from this newfound approach.

And I guess the same basic question could be asked of the turf theory.

I'm not looking for a fight on this. ****, at this point I'm ready to believe just about anything. But this seems like a fairly obvious question to me, which as far as I can tell hasn't been acknowledged. What say y'all?

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Inappropriate, out of place, and uncalled for. It's a fan site, not a dive bar. Wasn't in a game, either, so maybe try being accurate, with all due respect.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing you said had any truth or thought in it, just calm down.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

There are a myriad of reasons players get injured. But it appears that uga has more injuries during practice, then games. Why? Coaching/practice intensity? Turf? Conditioning? It is indisputable that the frequency of severe foot and knee injuries is much higher, this year. We are well beyond the "Crap! Oh well. Next man up!" phase. I'm sure the coaching staff is looking at everything. Just wish they could figure it out, now.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pray for100% healing and strengthening of all ligaments, muscles and bones in Jesus name Amen.😎

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike,

Any word on how the injury occurred ? I haven't seen or heard anything on the matter.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Dang. 6 wr out! Sounds like we just need to sign 7 wr each year and then we’ll be able to field a decent unit.