Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after commanding win over Tennessee

2»

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm proud of this team. They overcame the flu and a number of injuries and still played like the No.1 team. UT came out with a plan and did some damage. The defense adjusted and shut it down. The offense got it done. Only undefeated team on the SEC. GOOODAWGS!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s not obvious.

Fields was not good at UGA. Would have never thrived in the SEC.

This is a boring, worn out, ultimately groundless distraction.

Please stop.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Stets has led this team to blowout big wins against the toughest SEC teams on the schedule and the first undefeated SEC season since ‘82. JT proved last week he is still very rusty, but it’s Kirby playing favorites? Then, the drivel about Jake, who by the way led the team to within a busted coverage of a natty, and Jacob. Then, more drivel about Fields? Take a couple Midol and take a nap.

Exactly what teams in the NFL are looking to spend early draft picks on a quarterback that is not clearly better in mobility nor arm strength than a former walk-on?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Daniels was healthy, he was determined to be the better quarterback by the coaches. Smart's sticking with what's working, and that's fine as long as it's working, but let's not act like Daniels is some scrub. You're really squeezing every drop you can out of Herbstreit misspeaking in saying Bennett has the stronger arm, eh?

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Usually, I’m on board with what you have to say. Not here. The “good ‘ol boy” schtick is tired. I like JT. I’m skeptical of the “but Stetson has wheels” commentary. I know Bennett has made some questionable plays. I think the backup should get work when a game is well-in-hand. I DON’T think Smart would say no if Monken suggested JT go in. I DON’T think Bennett only has this job because he’s from the great state of Georgia. I DO think a coach who actually made decisions that way wouldn’t have the success Smart has had (and note: the team is made of people he RECRUITED from all over, who play wire-to-wire).

I don’t know why SBIV is the only person getting legitimate snaps right now. I never will, either. We can speculate about it all we want, but all that’s really going to provide is a list of our personal biases for the rest of the folks in these threads.

• Options
    sfalexansfalexan Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’d love to see JTD start against Charleston Southern. If rust is an issue, give him some game time in an obvious win situation. I still remember 2nd and 26 and that happened because there were two viable options at QB for Bama. I’d love for us to have that at the ready heading into the CFP.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

No worries. Kirby probably reads these comments, and will yank Stetson out of the lineup to save this train-wreck of a season lol…

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point, CKS's thought process is a mystery with the QBs. I am done guessing when or even whether he will put JT in to knock off some of the rust that CKS complained about. I can't help but think that this team will have high turn-over after the season ends. JT and Beck would be fools to stay. Brock will take to ball with Gunner as the only other scholarship QB in the room. Virtually all of the front 7 are gone except Jalen Carter - and that's only because he is a sophomore. There is very good depth in the LB room but they just don't see the field because the 2-deep is so strong. Offense will still look pretty strong (RBs, WRs, o-line, TEs) - maybe even better.

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

I guess Stetson Bennet would beat out Tom Brady too, because Tom can’t run for first downs like Stetson can. Give me a break! Nobody is aruguing Stetson shouldn’t have started but would really like for JT to get some reps.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

HAHA...it's obvious you're clueless about football and talent if you think Justin Fields wasn't going to be good in the SEC. The reason why he wasn't good at UGA he was set up to fail and never given the opportunity. Everybody that's a Georgia alum knows this. If he wasn't good at UGA, then why did Kirby went hard to recruit him when all of the other big schools was coming after him. Kirby didn't want any of the schools to get him in the SEC because he knew players like Justin will come back to bite him in a game. Please, step away from the keyboard if you're making asinine comments.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think had Fields won the starting job at UGA, he would have put up Fromm-like numbers. Under the center in our 1960s Green Bay Packer offense. 70% run, 30% pass. Pro Set. Fields and Fromm played in the same offense in high school, in the gun, empty backfield, receivers spread all over the place. OSU created an offense around Fields and he shined. Kirby still doesn't believe in doing that. He'd rather put a square peg in a round hole, than change the hole to fit the peg.