Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after commanding win over Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after commanding win over Tennessee

Georgia football picked up another easy win over Tennessee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So proud of our Dawgs !! Great win in the enemies house !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great victory. I finally predicted the score 41-17...three days ago.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great win, way to go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great defensive performance after adjustments...Stet IS our starting QB now...Mitchell and Cook had great games...rest up DAWGS and heal.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nobody will like this, I don't imagine, but I have a question: Who is the TOP offensive H.S. player UGA has had on its FB team in the last twenty years (maybe longer)? Yep. That would be JT Daniels. But KS is obviously determined to place another practice squad QB in the NFL and celebrate another "good ole' boy" story.

I like Stetson a lot, for a lot of reasons. But to play him for the entire game, with a former Player of the Year in all of H.S. football and a pre-season Heisman contender standing on the sidelines.... Could they please turn the O side of the football team over to the OC and let Kirby go play with the D?

Final question: Where will JT go next? Did you watch him on the sidelines today? He's a gamer but the same spark was not there. He had to wonder, "WTH do I have to do to get on the field with this **** team?" Can he transfer again? Maybe he goes back to USC and lights it up before going on to the NFL. While The Mailman becomes a graduate assistant coach. Perfect!

Sorry, it's just disrespectful and insulting.

I know, whooppee we won!!! Yeah, well, we're sending a message to top-tier QBs at the same time. If you're not from GA and don't fit the good ole' boy image, good luck. You get hurt, you're done.

JT reminds me of Brady. And just like with UofM, it might take some years before he comes back, on an NFL open week, to mend it w/UGA.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 362 ✭✭✭ Junior

all the injuries on the defensive side was very alarming. I hope they all turn out not to be serious.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are entitled to your opinion that’s for sure. Before you pass judgement on the Daniels Bennett debate how about watching this game over again and rewatch last game where Daniels came in and looked rusty.

please advise us as to how jt would have scrambled for first downs.

• Options
    sfalexansfalexan Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

It sure looked like a lot of injuries today. I sure hope Wyatt, Nolan Smith, and all the others are okay. (Same goes for the UT injuries.) Glad we have Charleston Southern and GT before the SEC championship so we can heal up. Praying for healing and a strong showing on 12/4.

I hear the criticism of Stetson out there. I was ticked when they started him vs JT, but he’s winning games and doing it well. I was wrong and maybe should trust that CKS knows which players should play better than I do. He had some good throws. I’m not sure how much freedom Monken has on the O, but putting up 41 is nothing to sneeze at.

Our biggest threat is injuries or other disqualifications. Let’s stay healthy and win out.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett may have his limitations, but he can run and he's a baller. If UGA wins a Natty, Stet will have led them there. I agree with Kirby. Stet has always answered the bell, he's been patient and pretty darn durable. Let him finish what he started. Daniels can either come back next year and prove his worth, or he can transfer, or he can go to the NFL and be a scout team QB. Bottom line: Dawgs are undefeated and you don't change what's working.

• Options
    ugambaugamba Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I’m all for Bennett too start, but **** can JT get some work. If he’s rusty how is he going to get better without game reps?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I'm also frustrated not to see more Daniels. But my frustration is directed more toward the situation than Smart's handling of it. It's well established that Daniels is rusty after missing half the season due to the injury. I don't see how you could say this was the game to throw him out there. I guess he could have gone out there once the game was well in hand. But at that point moving the ball with the run game was clearly the correct approach, and I'm sure if Daniels was put in there just to hand the ball off people would be complaining about that too. I'll wait to see how many snaps he gets in the next two weeks before I start to wonder about Smart's motives. There's an easy case to be made for sticking with what's working, and as long as it's working I'm not going to go questioning the coaching. But I do think it would be a problem not to give Daniels as many snaps as possible these next two games, in case we do need him in the SEC game and beyond. Lastly, I don't know where this "good old boy" stuff is coming from, but I'm going to assume recruits have more sense than that until I see some kind of evidence that it's an actual thing and is costing us recruits.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SBIV still missing open receivers when he feels pressure. Had to settle for a FG after SBIV forced the ball to Fitzpatrick in the endzone on 3rd down when Burton was all alone on the goal line. SBIV also missed finding a wide open Washington over the middle on a 3rd down. Surprised the UGA D didn't adjust sooner. Early on giving an 8 yard cushion to TN WR's even on short yardage situations. UGA needed JTD to play the whole 4th and run the normal O. Teams trying to score TD's late in blowout games shouldn't complain when UGA runs their whole O in the 4thQ. JTD needs reps.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2021

I've said it before and I will say it again. Good for Stetson on being the guy for now. But, Stetson continues to give me pauses when he plays. The throwing the ball to the ground and not getting rid of the ball is going to cost us. Kirby is doing what I expected him to do since he became head coach. You remember Jacob Eason. He got hurt in the Louisiana Monroe game I believe and he NEVER saw the field again. He was beat out, supposedly, by Fromm. Then enters Justin Fields. He set Justin up for failure on that BS play. Played Jake Fromm, his "good ole boy" from my area of Georgia and allowed Justin to leave for Ohio State. We all knew Justin was way better than Jake. The facts bear them out in who's playing in the NFL. Since then, I've learned that Kirby isn't going to change. That's the difference between him and Saban. Saban is going to play his BEST player whether they're from Alabama or not. Kirby will live and die with his "good ole boy". I just hate it for JT and any other elite quarterbacks that wish to come and play for us. They have to be superman, in order, for them to not get hurt to eventually be replaced by a backup. I think JT will go to the NFL next season. Before people say that we're hating on Bennett, we're not. We're just pointing out the obvious.