Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart discusses Georgia football late-game injuries, battles with illness against Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart discusses Georgia football late-game injuries, battles with illness against Tennessee

Georgia football had some injury and illness issues in the game against Tennessee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Maybe we will get our 2nd and 3rds ready this week and rest the walking wounded.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sorry. I know it's not popular, but I have to blame these defensive injuries on Kirby. People always say "defense wins championships". And mostly it is true. It's because of offense, not scoring 100 points, which would help, but mainly controlling the game. Kirby not being just enough aggressive on offense, by going for more 1st downs towards the end of the game, caused those injuries. After UT went on that long td drive at the end of the game, Kirby decided it would be a good idea to run 3 straight times into the middle and punt again. Just to put the defense right back out there. The game was by all intentions over. Should of thrown the ball to try and pick up the 1st down.

I will say it again, if you don't throw a pick 6, or a scoop and score fumble, as long as your offense has the ball, the other team has a 0% chance of scoring, period.

Living in TN, the radio was all about how it seemed Hooker was "off", no credit to the defense, by the callers that is. And how they scored more points than anybody. MG guest this week from knoxville, gave more credit to the defense.

Sorry, totally got side tracked there. Lol. So when I say be more aggressive on offense, I mean go after 1st downs, and hold the ball. I honestly believe 45 points against everyone will be enough to win, but really helps when the defense doesn't have to play as much. So come on kirby, give rest to the defense, keep the ball on offense.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope Big D will heal up and be back soon. Dawgs need him. What a Warrior he is !! He got hurt three times at least but came back in !! The last time got him. Although I realize this is not an Exact sign as we’ve seen that later on it still proved to be really bad, But at least after he was helped to stand up he walked off the field on his own power. And he Seemed to be walking without a limp. Devonte deserves tons of credit for his play this season. He’s an instrumental part of this team Defense. Prayers he’s OK and All our injured Dawgs.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

It seemed like the only time the fast pace everyone was worried about from Tn. only worked the first time. It looked like the Dogs figured it out pretty quick. They tried to get it going again through out the game but it never worked as good as the first time. Cook looked very competent I thought, along with many others. I love this football team!