Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart practice update: Leaders must elevate intensity, George Pickens progressing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,652 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart practice update: Leaders must elevate intensity, George Pickens progressing

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart did not like what he saw at Monday’s practice, and he added that Tuesday’s practice wasn’t much better.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Coachspeak. CKS does not want a lackluster start to the CS game like the MO game. 1) Nip any pattern of playing down to the competition in the bud. It looks bad (see FU vs Samford) and 2) it slows the substitution plan. The 1's shouldn't play for more than the 1st Q vs CS. As for GPickens no sense seeing him until the SECCG (and then with spot duty and specific plays). Watched the TN game again. 1) TN WR's were running open all game. Only HHooker being a very inaccurate passer kept the game from being extremely interesting. AL ain't TN and BYoung ain't HHooker. BYoung is a 70% passer on the season and was 21/23 in his last game. 2) SBIV had some very nice runs. Because he can or because he is not sure where to go with the ball a la JTD? SBIV put the ball in harm's way a number of times vs TN.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, did you “forget” to mention that Stetson is also a semi-finalist for the Davey O’Brien award?

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No offense, but it's a monopoly. ABC is owned by ESPN and CBS is on the verge of either selling to ABC or having their contract be outbid.

I mean, it used to be that 1-2 games used to be on Pay-per-view. I'll take ESPN+ over that.

• Options
    UGADawg85UGADawg85 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Thanks BigMike for the additional info on the history of the award benefactor. I agree that Stetson is deserving of the award. I also agree with you that I won't be adding a pay-subscription app or whatever to watch this week's game. I'll listen to it on radio locally and be happier with the radio broadcast then I usually am with the usual TV broadcasters that just need to retire or whatever. I don't need visuals while I'm mowing my lawn for it's season finale hopefully to celebrate UGA going up 47-0 at halftime on my earbuds...so it works out wonderfully.