Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football final tune-up includes style points, QB management decisions at Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football final tune-up includes style points, QB management decisions at Georgia Tech

This is where Georgia football closes the season strong, taking over historic Bobby Dodd Stadium, the picturesque Atlanta skyline soaring in the background.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I agree with you, @MikeGriffith, for once. JT and Pickens have demonstrated chemistry. Whereas, Stetson and Pickens clearly don’t. In my view, JT is probably the better QB to play with Pickens on the field… but I have my doubts as to whether Pickens will ever play another snap as a Bulldog.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All season, I've read several articles from the media stating how there's a QB controversy at UGA. Now, magically, there's no controversy at the QB position.. 🙄

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This might be the fastest post I have ever seen! @Hemingwey you are operating at game speed this morning!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Pickens can have a great game or 2 from here on out it may be all he needs to secure a 1st or high 2nd round draft pick. If he doesn't play then the Combine becomes of utmost importance and it becomes more of a risk for NFL teams IMO. What about his knee? Is he as fast as he was before? Can he leap as high as before? Of course he could fly through the combine and turn heads. Having something on film post surgery in a game would go a long way for scouts, I would think.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Kirby persists with his ground-and-pound campaign...Stetson it is. Throw in the return of the missing receivers, including Pickens, and JT steps up. Emphasis. That is Kirby. Which QB fits his game plan each outing, he says. I have to believe Stetson will start today. I am having trouble seeing Pickens on the field against Tech....maybe a sneak peek. Even though he may be cleared, I see him as still fragile. George is an aerial artist with twists, turns and body contortions we cannot even imagine. Amazing receiver. Kirby's call.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's take care of the Jackets by halftime. Our offense has been starting slow in recent games, and I'd like to see that change. I'd love to get as many starters as possible off the field by the 2nd half. Besides, I'm probably going to be watching the Ohio State game more than this one unless we let Tech hang around. But let's don't.

GO DAWGS!! Wreck Tech!!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

“There’s no quarterback controversy at Georgia: Smart picks the quarterback, and the team plays behind whoever is under center.”

lol, you gonna catch hell for this QB section Mike. But legit question, didn’t Kirby state early this season that he pretty much follows monkens preference at QB? I wanna say it was you who reported it. Am I making this up?

Go dawgs today. Don’t care if we blow them out to oblivion. Let’s keep them under 10, score over 30 and show explosiveness in pass AND run game…. Most importantly get out injury free. Prediction 41-3 UGA.

• Options

So you legit believe Pickens and JT combo is so strong that you flush down the drain a seasons worth of chemistry between Stetson/Bowers, McConkey, Mitchell, and namely Cook? Seems short sighted to me. Go Stetson.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

All I have to say is Go Dawgz sic'em wreck Tech put your foot on the gas pedal and don't let up until the last play of the Natty.😎

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh yea, I just remembered, Notre Dame beat these same weak bees last week 55-0. Our defense shouldn't allow a single point. The bees are just simply a horrible team, and Collins will most likely be on his way out after this season or next.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

@Ddavis0777 No, I don’t believe that. I am a big fan of Bennett and believe we can win it all with him as the starter. However, I have no doubt that JT’s passing style is much better suited to producing output from Pickens. 😉

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When we lost in Jax in 2020, we didn't have a qb to come in when Stetson got hurt. To see Daniels play and play well today doesn't point to "flushing" this season's team chemistry. It would solidify the team chemistry with the players knowing there is not a weakness at the position. We need all of our players ready. HBTFD!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

That paragraph stuck out like a sore thumb lol I'm predicting 45-0 Tech won't score, only way they score is a possible turnover by UGA deep in their own territory..GoDAWGS!

• Options

Got ya. Guess I misread. I’m a little sensitive to those who so quickly and senselessly want to move on from Bennett. I’m a bit of an underdog small guy story myself and had a ton of success when I played (a similar style to Bennett). I think he’s done a great job and we should stick with him. It’s the right thing to do. The team is behind him and it’s time this ENTIRE insufferable fanbase was.

This said, we are VERY LUCKY to have JT ready to go. And Pickens cleared… even if he’ll never play another down (which is my suspicion), this gives opposing defenses a whole new dimension to plan to defend. Go dawgs today.