Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs complete their #404Takeover, with Bama looming

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageDawgs complete their #404Takeover, with Bama looming

You can sum up Saturday’s Governor’s Cup game between the Dawgs and the Yellow Jackets with one third-quarter play.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BillKing Always love your articles! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good encapsulation of the game, Bill. I see The Dawgs blowing Bama away. UGA is elite...Bama is not. They have had UGA's number in past contests but not this time. UGA has too much scoring and defensive power. Bama will exploit UGA's secondary as most do. Williams is a threat. Plus, they will employ corner routes Bryce has options with. UGA's defense will sack him again and again as Auburn did. Our RBs should have a field day. Stets needs to RPO them to a fault. UGA tight ends should roll...Bowers.....more record stat totals. I do not see many 40+ yd. throws. Bama will probably cover those. Coach Kirby and staff will study the "film" hard.

I see field time for the 2s even. Dawgs will play to their standard. Bama will leave the game "dazed and confused." Saban will stomp on his famous white Panama hat in disgust. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another great article Bill! I know I've said it before, but.. I look forward to your Sunday articles, and I always enjoy your perspective of the game..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perfect, Bill.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

In a lot of ways, it was good to see Bama win yesterday and to see Saban smiling in the locker room. Let's face it, they lose back to back games rarely, or better yet never, and I'd rather the Bama team not face his ire this week in practice. It is also more assuring to know that we won't have to contend with a Tua or Hurts coming off the bench to save them this time. Having said that, I'm a little nervous about the first quarter and facing a very solid Bama front seven, and as stated here, the Dawgs aren't just running at will between the tackles. I'm guessing Bama will have their hands up in the passing lanes attempting to swat down Bennett's passes like last year. But let me tell you...it was incredibly refreshing to see McIntosh take off on that toss sweep yesterday! I was thinking just before that how we miss the long TD runs from recent years. I'm curious if we'll see more outside running vs Bama?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Helped by coaching and talent…and bogus calls from refs.