Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers readies for Alabama in 2021 SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers readies for Alabama in 2021 SEC Championship Game

Georgia football has a big game this week against Alabama in the 2021 SEC Championship Game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Kinda a weird list of Winners/Losers, but I definitely felt like it was a very solid day all the way around for Smart's club. It's ashame JT didn't get to throw, but otherwise great focus and didn't see many (any?) dumb mistakes that you might typically see playing an easier team at the end of a long year. I would say that we've shown that we're ready.

Loser: Alabama - I know it's a rivalry game and there have been some CRAZY games for the "Iron Bowl," but Bama certainly embarrassed themselves being down 10-0 to start the 4th against a team that was 6-5. Granted, they had a tough schedule, but even so. Had Bama shutout Auburn but lost in the SEC game, there probably would've been good reason to keep them in the top 4. This game may have sealed their fate and I wouldn't be surprised to see Saban begin plans to walk away knowing his era is over.

A final word about Tech: it's a tough sell in my opinion to get kids there. Campus is downtown Atlanta, the school is very difficult but doesn't have the prestige of other profile schools and their long history of triple-option crap was never appealing for good recruits. GA State is probably an easier sell with the same basic campus, growing program and far easier to graduate.

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wasn't tracking that Dan Mullen (or Florida for that matter) won the SEC last year? I thought Alabama did. They did win the SEC East, however.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see Bowers taking down Bama's secondary. I can see UGA defense sacking Bryce Young until he runs from the pocket on snap. I can see UGA scoring well into the double figures. I can see Bama held without a TD. I can see UGA easily moving on to the CFPCG.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The real losers are the silly looking painted yellow jackets showing their IQ with their middle fingers and Tech's entire football program. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another one of the losers: Those individuals who got scammed by OSU's numbers against the worst passing defense in the league.

Another one of the winners: Those of us who tried talking some sense into them.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Agree. This is the only real thing I worry about. The official who called that offsides said After he Retired that if he had it to do over again he wouldn’t have called it !! I can’t help but wonder if he had a Really nice retirement bonus ?? All I can hope for as a Dawgs fan is that Because of the past the zebras will Know that their under such National scrutiny they won’t try to pull any garbage calls. Dawgs fans ain’t the only folks wanting to see Bama go down. ***** Spurrier caught Allot of Good for him and UF odd and No calls to. One of the many reasons I greatly dislike him. He’s not the Ole Ball Coach to me but rather the Ole Cut Throat. ALL teams get Some favorable calls and Yes that includes our Dawgs. BUT I despise when it’s Obvious that the zebras are trying to sway the outcome of the game. Even though its Very painful I can choke down and swallow when a team is just flat out better than our Dawgs And out played them to. But I Cannot stand when the zebras deliberately slant the game to Make Sure the other team wins. Let’s hope they officiate clean this Sat. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

The real loses may be college football fans, that may have to witness Ala still getting in the playoffs with a loss in the SECCG.

That is because ok state, and Mich, does anyone really think they will both win? I hope so though. Because if Baylor and Iowa wins,neither of them are getting in. This year could have 4 conference champions that don't get in, Pac-10, ACC, Big 10, Big 12. If the latter two winners are Baylor and Iowa. So Ala will get to slide right back in. SMH.

I'm not sure the game schedule, on championship weekend, but I would worry about the SECCG if Alabama's only way in is to win the game. But if upsets occur in the big 10 and big 12 championship games, then bama is in with a loss. Watch and see. But if bama has to win, keep an eye on the officiating. Just saying.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

So THE DAWGS need to come out and punch them in the mouth and end it early.