Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘Extremely confident’ Alabama offense needs Bryce Young magic against dominant Georgia defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
image‘Extremely confident’ Alabama offense needs Bryce Young magic against dominant Georgia defense

Nick Saban opened his case for Alabama to upset No. 1-ranked Georgia with a very simple premise of the Crimson Tide not beating itself.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait to watch the Dawgs front-7 terrorize the Bama O-line and QB!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THey are who the are and we are who we are. They aren't going to change their stripes in a week and neither are we. I think we all know who the better team is, now there is only one thing left to do is -prove it!

I did have to laugh about the diminutive QB statement though. Oh the irony.

Our defense will not rattle Young. He is a silent assassin. Auburn made him uncomfortable and that's what you have to do. If you give him 3 1/2 seconds to throw it he's going to go deep and light it up. We shut down the run and shut down their ace receiver we win-simple as that.

I've said all along this is our year. WHy not this year? Some said, "Well we don't have to win it this year, blah,blah,blah."

That's loser talk. THis is our year!! Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    sclark10sclark10 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Fourth quarter will not be kind to Alabama this year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with these commenters....UGA is the more skilled on defense and offense. My only caveat is Saban's uncanny ability to "adjust" the second half....ask Auburn. I am sure Coach Smart is aware of this...the whole of the SEC is by now. However, this Georgia team is on a whole other level. Bennett has greatly improved as well. What a day Saturday will be when Bennett beats the "great" Bryce Young statistically and athletically. Stets knows what he has to accomplish. I believe he is ready. His attitude is ..."keep it fun." Focused but fun. Bama has many chinks in its armor. Game after game exposed Bama's defensive and offensive frailties....even against supposedly much lesser teams. Bryce kept them in games. I will admit he is good but has not encountered an elite defense like UGA's. Therein lies the difference. Stop him...game over. And game over it shall be. UGA will emerge victorious.

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. It is almost like we need to have a plan to have two different halves of football. "If" we are winning in the first with one strategy, we need to go into the second half and confirm in the first series whether or not that will work in the second half. If history proves correct, it will not. Bama will have adjusted and will take whatever was working away from us. We must be willing to play two different strategies in this game. Bama has out adjusted us at halftime... every.. single.. time.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Saban is the best college football coach on the planet and will have some of these "issues" ironed out by Saturday.

And yes, Bryce Young has been the Tide's savior this season. I can't help but like the guy. He is a fierce competitor but cool as a cucumber. Our #1 priority should be sacking, disrupting, and containing him. Period. Expect Bama to follow that same rule and throw all they can at Stet.

The 11 penalties Saturday killed Bama drives, and gave Auburn first downs on multiple occasions. 36 sacks against Bama this season? Holy cow. Their O-line is simply piss poor. We better add at least 8-9 more sacks since Auburn was able to get 7 sacks. Our D is much better. Robinson is a RB workhorse, and I'd be surprised if he isn't back in the lineup by Saturday. Worst case scenario for Bama - start the other guy and then work Robinson in in the 2nd half if needed.

It's probably going to come down again to who controls the line of scrimmage, who gets a running game going, who gets more consistent pressure on the QB, and mistakes/turnovers. Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...that may be the difference. We didn't have any penalties on Saturday and in general we have been pretty good on reducing silly penalties this season. I do worry that Metchie and Williams will cause some issues for our secondary and pass interference penalties will result.

If we play like we have been playing and don't get flustered and lose focus on the big stage then we WILL win. If we get some uncharacteristic bad vibe, lose confidence, stop believing, stop executing, and make mistakes, and then start looking like a different team...then we may blow this game. Let's not do that.

Bottom Line: Bama needs to prove they belong in this game....Dawgs need to show them that they don't.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The biggest second half adjustments I saw in the Iron bowl was the officials. They went from calling a fair game in the first half to swallowing their whistles when Bama had the ball in the second, especially in the fourth quarter.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saban is the GOAT, and he knows Bama "shouldn't" win this game, and that's when he's the most creative and dangerous. I wanna know who the backup QB is for Bama, and make sure we have a plan for him this time. I suspect Saban will run Young more on Saturday than he has all year, particularly if he can get outside the pocket. Risky, yes, but what does he have to lose? I suspect he'll send the house against Bennett early and often, so I hope our screen and slant games are on point and that every player knows the hot read on every pass play. I think Saban may go 2 TEs and no RB a lot, hoping to make the Dawgs bring five or more to get pressure. Can't wait to see the route trees Monken creates for this game and for the stunts and selective exotic blitz package Lanning dials up. Looking forward to seeing how many guns and bullets the Dawgs bring to this fist fight. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia is the ONLY team that can beat Georgia.

If we play the way we can and have then not a single team will beat us to the National Championship. I seriously believe that.

However, if we fall flat, don't execute, don't play up to our potential, don't believe, lose focus....which all leads to mistakes....then we will get beat.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect there to be a lot of hands up on the BAMA D-front. We'll need to throw a lot on 1st down, not wait til it's 3rd and 7. THat's a loosing proposition.