Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media puts pressure on Kirby Smart to beat Alabama in 2021 SEC Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 10,549 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageNational media puts pressure on Kirby Smart to beat Alabama in 2021 SEC Championship

Georgia football takes on Alabama in the 2021 SEC Championship Game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs 38-13 over Alabama

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Regardless of the opponent, the Dawgs must play up to their standards this Saturday. If they do, then they will hoist the SEC trophy, and remain No 1 until the first playoff game. Go Dawgs, Beat Bama!

• Options
    DCDawgDCDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Take Georgia, give the points, bet the over and take Georgia on the money line. That's what I think about this game!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The National Media can stick it where the Sun doesn't shine.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs 42-6....no. I have not been hitting the cooling sherry. Lol.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Kirby is 0-3 against Bama and Saban.

Looking at both teams right now, there has NEVER been a better opportunity for the Dawgs to beat a Saban team. Period. Let's not blow it.

The pressure on the Dawgs and Kirby is MONUMENTAL, and you don't need the media or anyone else to bring it to the forefront. In fact, there is little pressure on Bama IMHO, because they are the supposed "underdogs" and have already proven multiple times this year that their team has several weaknesses. Bama is not expected to win, but everyone knows they will give the Dawgs their toughest game of the season. And if the Dawgs happen to lose then the media and everyone else will say how we choked and blew it.....AGAIN.

The Dawgs have played consistently well all season, and we are favored in the game. All the real pressure is on us to get the job done.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday can't get here fast enough!

I keep seeing 35-17 in my head, but I don't think Kirby is going to let off the gas at all!

That HT speech in Jax was just a warmup for what he's gonna tell the boys this weekend!!!

Jordan Davis is gonna be a major team leader too to do his part to motivate them.

I've seen some Alabama fans saying it wouldn't surprise them either way if they score more than 30 or less than 10 because they don't know what team will show up.

I'm sick of all of the Alabama fans in Georgia...it's time to show them that WE run this state!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man , Loran, that score was my guess as well! Coupled with seven sacks crushing Young’s Heisman hopes!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TadasanTadasan Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I have been lucky enough to attend five UGA vs. Alabama games in my lifetime. I was there in 2007 @ Bama, when we pulled off a great win in T Town. I was there in 2012 in the old GA Dome, where we came within a few seconds of toppling the Giant. I was there in 2015, which stands out in my memory as the only time I have left Sanford stadium in the 3rd quarter in disgust. I was there in 2018, when I left the building in heartbroken and in a state of shock, after watching the maroon team dance under confetti that we all thought at halftime would be falling for the Dawg nation. I was there again in 2019, when we allowed ourselves to hope that maybe this time we can finish the drill, only to watch the elephant storm back again in the second half. AND I WILL BE THERE IN 2021. I can remember how each of those games felt going in, and coming out. This time, it just feels different. This time I think the whole Dawg Nation is coming in with a deep hunger burning in the pits of our stomachs. Hunger to feast at the Big Boys table this year. Hunger for the elusive glory that to me born in 1983, I have never had the chance to witness personally. I have only seen it through the eyes of the Dawgs who were there before me, and the voice of Larry Munson telling me stories about Sugar Falling from the sky. 2021 is the Dawgs year, Bama is just the first stop, on what the whole Dawg nation hopes is our three game journey to the top of the College Football Mountain. There is only one thing left to say. GO DAWGS! BEAT BAMA!