Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Kirby Smart has Nick Saban right where he wants him, historically dominant Dawgs unleashed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s Kirby Smart has Nick Saban right where he wants him, historically dominant Dawgs unleashed

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has sounded confident at each turn this week, his No. 1-ranked Bulldogs having dominated at each turn since a 10-3 opening day win over Clemson in Charlotte, N.C.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rat poison is what it is. But if the rats don't eat it, it has no effect.

Kirby has this team focused and locked in. They are efficient and they don't hurt themselves with penalties.

Unlike every other Kirby lead team that faced Bama, this is completely a team of Kirby Smart's making.

Like LSU of 2019 and Alabama of 2020, this is Georgia's year. It won't be easy. It may be close, but Ga wins this time.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

THIS IS KIRBY'S TEAM! CANNOT be said enough!

Some Alabama fans can see what's about to happen to them, but most have no idea. Like Saban said, I think they feel entitled and no team from Georgia is gonna beat them.

No win is guaranteed, but this team is so focused, just like you said...they have so much discipline.

Is it me or does this team have less penalties than just about any UGA team I can remember?

They play with intensity, but they play with so much purpose!

I was 10 when they won the NC, and I've been waiting 40 years for a UGA team like this!

The s.t.u.p.i.d. Falcons can jump in a lake...with 7 Dawgs on the team, I'm about ready to get a NY Giants t-shirt!

I'd love for the Giants to get Jordan Davis at least!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eyes on the prize Dawgs !! Eyes on the prize !! Just to echo the comments here, if our Dawgs stay focused and bring their A game, and I Believe they will, they Win this game !! Good article Mike !! Well done !! Go Dawgs !! Turn the Tide to a trickle !!

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson could wipe the floor with you MG….5’11 ior whatever w 10% body fat w wheels ain’t no Rudy..,.eat another bon bon on the couch slim!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear a lot of the rat poison going on and I know Kirby has them focused.

looking at recent history I would dare say Bama has all the pressure because …. Cmon… they’re Bama.

Unleash it on em!

go dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fully believe that we'll be prepared, but one problem that we can have is a slowness to adapt. I fully support Bennett, but the harsh reality is that if Bennett struggles, I do not believe JT will be given the chance to do anything about it - at least not before it's too late. It's not necessarily a criticism, but just who Smart is. He won't be one to put in a freshman Tua after the half trailing like Saban did to win. So, in terms of QB play - it'll likely be Bennett playing 60 mins.

My biggest fear is that we've had a far easier schedule than expected. When was the last really, really tough team we played? GT = easy, cupcake before that. Tennessee lost to Bama by 28 pts. Mizz went 6-6 and lost pretty badly in some games. Florida got close to beating Bama but still wound up 6-6. Kentucky looked strong, but wound up losing and becoming ranked #23. Auburn almost beat Bama, but again 6-6 and unranked. Arkansas also looked strong but wound up #22. Vandy: 2-10 (nuff said). Carolina 6-6 and unranked. Then cupcake and Clemson which fell apart and wound up #20.

So, a lot of opponents that didn't live up to their hype. Are we going to be able to do what we do against a still-strong Bama team? Guess we will see.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

You could say the same for most of Bama's schedule. A third of the teams that Georgia and Bama have faced are shared opponents. You also have to take into consideration how the teams were doing when they played Georgia. Clemson, Arkansas, Kentucky and, to a lesser extent, Auburn were riding high when they ran into Georgia. With the week 1 exception of Clemson, the Dawgs made them all look easy. And while the dam eventually broke and Bama ultimately beat Tennessee by a margin that is comparable to Georgia's, no one who watched both games would dispute that Georgia had an easier time with them - and did so on the road, compared to Bama getting them at home. The Mississippi schools ended up being better than expected, and kudos to Bama for handling them. But overall, Georgia has had an easier sesaon due mostly to the fact that they're a better team.

Maybe the lack of adversity will come back to bite them if they happen to end up in a close game at some point. Or maybe the confidence and depth they've developed in the process of blowing everyone out will carry them through. Who knows. But I don't find the "Georgia hasn't played anybody" talking point very compelling.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Georgia has had an easier season due mostly to the fact that they're a better team."

Best quote I've seen on the subject!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bama!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree 100%. I've been saying since this past spring practice that there is something seriously different about this year's team. I would go back and look at pictures from various activities, and each time I would see it. It's in their eyes. There is a laser focus within this group that simply cannot be ignored. If the eyes truly are a window to the soul, then these guys are on fire. Write this down: I fully expect multiple 15-yarders as the Dawgs impose their will on 'Bama. Kirby all but called for it on TV last week.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021