Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations, as Bulldogs once again fall to Alabama

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Records for passing and receiving in the secc game. Guess auburns front 4 is much better than ours or is it the coaching

• Options
    ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Nah, we’ll stick with Stet the whole game! Even if we’re up by 20 or down by 20.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you want to understand Kirby what nessler said about talking to jt’s parents before the Tennessee game is all you need to know

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This was the last game before the Heisman vote. It's next Saturday I'm pretty sure.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

He threw 2 interceptions, one a pick 6 and the other led to a touchdown. Subtract those 14 points and we are still in the game..

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Defense was exposed. But with no pick 6 and 2 failures inside the 20. With a pick and a 4th down failure. Maybe more points scored and definitely gives up 7 less. Both of the 4th down failures are kinda on Bennett. But agree, the defense was completely exposed. To the point of overrated perhaps.

• Options
    sfalexansfalexan Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hard loss. Let’s see if we can learn from it. CKS IS a great coach, despite some legit frustrations. He could learn when to swap QBs and he appears to have built Bama into something unbeatable in his mind, but we are not too far from where we need to be. Our secondary gave their receivers too much space and our DLine seemed non-existent (did you see Davis on that play?), but we’ve got the best TE in the country and some amazing backs.

We’ll drop to 3rd. Bama to #1 and can get revenge as we pick up the Natty.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Countryboi706Countryboi706 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Did Brini play tonight? I'm really shocked that we did not get any pressure with our front 4. The defense played better in the 2nd half and held Bama to 10 pts. The offense stalled too many times... INT in the red zone, turned it over on downs in the red zone and a pick 6. Can not happen!! We will regroup and GATA in the NC!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It all boils down to we were out coached and out schemed, out played, out hustled, Bama had more desire, their intensity and effort, all leading to us being out scored. Bryce Young won the Heisman tonight at the expense of the Georgia defense. Young played a heck of a game and his O-line played even better, stuffing our defensive front 7. Saban knew Kirby's tendencies and he and Bill O'Brien put together a master offensive plan to shred the Georgia 'D'. I honestly believe that if we do make the playoffs, and have any chance at winning the Natty, somebody else is going to have to knock off Bama!

I'm hoping we just ate to much RAT POISON because it sure didn't look like we were the better team. It's disappointing but it is what it is!

• Options
    DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

You got to double 1 for Bama and make someone else beat you. After tonight you better spy young too with a backer!

Stetson played okay, but okay won’t win national championships.

Got 3 weeks to make changes! Glad Bama beat Auburn. Had they beat the Dawgs with 2 losses, you might have been left out of the playoffs.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tripp, that would be the most hollow natty I could think of, if another team somehow beat Alabama in the semis, and Georgia wins an Alabama-free championship game. I’d rather the CFP show us some mercy and have us #4 with a rematch with Alabama in the semis. I’d rather get the disappointment over with because there was NOTHING from this game that gives me any confidence we’d win a rematch. Well, almost nothing. The intangibles were actually in Alabama’s favor tonight. In a rematch, it might be flipped, but I still wouldn’t have any confidence Georgia would break through and beat them in the CFP. If we played them every year, we probably would’ve beaten them by now. But we let them live rent free in our heads, and until Sagan retires I can’t see Kirby beating Alabama.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry, I misspelled the Alabama coach’s name. I meant to write SATAN.

• Options
    GsdawgGsdawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

Frankly, this was the first real test the Dawgs had. The defense didn’t show up and seemed to have drunk their own kool-aid. It’s one thing to win a mediocre SEC East, another to go toe to toe with Saban. Kirby has yet to demonstrate he can handle QB’s, he recruits all these 5 star QB’s and the walk-on ends up starting??? Bennet was never going to be the answer. Winning the East was a Pyrrhic victory and only fed the delusion.

• Options
    CMacDAWGCMacDAWG Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Once again, this program is just pretenders

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is zero chance that Kirby makes a QB change. To do so would be an admission that he was wrong all along. There are only 3 ways you will a QB change. Either Bennett gets injured (and they are clearly running him less in games), or Bennett sees he is hurting the team and asks to come out (unlikely), or Kirby is told to make a change by the AD (also unlikely). We will continue to see SBIV under center until he leaves the University.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

The secondary is not as good as Auburn’s. They would not have held for as long as needed. The lack of a pass rush by the front 4 was the greatest problem. Bama’s o line played their best game of the season.