Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dan Mullen second-guesses Kirby Smart’s fourth-down decision, ‘deflated Georgia sideline’

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Guys it didn't take a fired coach to tell us this was going to happen everybody knew Stetson wasn't a drop back passer who couldnt put it in the tight Windows. everybody knew this except for Kirby Smart and some of dawgNation BA abs UGA sports....

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whole lot of difference between pointing out s tupid behavior and calling someone s tupid. I would be even more slow in insulting someone when not face to face.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW I posted without seeing your post. The Gator hating thread is one of the all time great threads and I had that thread in mind.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

If you act s t u p I d, you'll be called out as such.. Goes hand in hand. And, if you act that way, you best be tough enough to face the consequences. If I ever saw mullet in person, i wouldn't hesitate to let him know face to face he's a joke. I'd bet I wouldn't be the 1st to do so, nor the last. And I'm sure he cares as much for my opinion of him, as I care about his for me.

• Options
    swimalumdawgswimalumdawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I think Kirby made a huge mistake not taking Bennett out of the game when he first threw an interception, it was more than obvious by this late time he was having an off tempo very poor game. By placing Daniels in , it would require Alabama to make major adjustments in their game and because of Daniels accuracy he could have kept Ga. scoring, and up beat. Then he had the option to put Bennett in under a running situation or special call. As it was we were sliding into oblivion. By the time the third quarter rolled around we dug ourselves a huge whole. And did not score any points in the third quarter. It was obvious Georgia had to score in ALL Four Quarters to have a chance. I blame coach for ridiculous loyalty to a poor performance day Quarterback, vs the loyalty to the team, sounds like our old coach did with loyalty to bad coaches at the expense of the team. Team first , Kirby ego should be second. Sorry Kirby . You went with your emotions not your facts in this loss.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

The real mystery isn't why Bennett wasn't pulled - it's why JT has not seen the field at all in a month or so. Either there's something going on we don't know about or Smart has criminally mismanaged the QB situation. Putting JT in with literally no game experience over the past 4 games, in that situation against that team would probably not have delivered a good outcome. Really, Smart should be the CEO and Chief Recruiting Officer and hire a day to day coach to actually run the team.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until further notice: The three best coaches in CFB are Saban, Swinney and Smart.

I don't want to hear anybody say Ryan Day is better than Smart. Ohio St has a vast talent advantage over every team other than Alabama or Georgia. No team in the B1G comes close to OS in talent and especially depth. Day couldn't even win the B1G conference.

With that said, I think Kirby needs to learn to be a little more of a gambler. Being conservative works when you have the better matchup. When you don't, like when facing a Heisman QB and great receivers, it's time to gamble. I'm not sure Kirby has that part down yet.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would be interested in your criteria for making your statement and let’s not pretend that UGA did out talented everyone on their schedule to include Alabama.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

The field goal that was returned for a touchdown was one of the most influential plays in Saban’s career. Two weeks later he turned to Kiffin to be his offensive coordinator and you witnessed the results of that play in the most recent SECCG. Bama when from a quarterback under center to what Saban refers to as a fastball team embracing all the things he disliked about the direction of college football.

it will be interesting to see how Kirby responds and what direction he takes UGA.

so for one game it was a bad decision but only for one game.