Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football players on facing Michigan: ‘We’ve got to take what’s ours’

2»

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks...I am with you MontanaDawg.....always enjoy your insight. I cannot believe UGA simply crumbled under Bama pressure. Zone? Bennett third down in the red zone...almost zip? What is going on? Kelee Ringo was simply out run..not the first time this has happened. Young completed passes with no red jersys in sight?

This lump from a 12-0 SEC team? UGA game plan way off mark. Did not take Bama seriously.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigMike...I agree with you Mike, but the secondary is just one of several problems that raised its head on Saturday.

Why couldn't we score near enough points against a Bama defense that struggled against numerous teams this season?

Why couldn't our defense get a single sack against a porous Bama O-line that gave up 7 sacks against Auburn a week earlier? 36 sacks against Bama this season and we couldn't get one. Holy cow.

We got beat on both sides of the ball. We got embarrassed. We've got a lot of things to fix.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

@BigMike you make some good points but my gosh, this was game #13. Derion Kendrick is a veteran DB, from a strong program, no less. And by now, Ringo should be approaching veteran status. He's either elite, or he's not. These same Bama receivers played against LSU's 3rd and 4th string DB's (due to injuries) and they didn't run through and around them like they did our secondary. At some point, we've got to quit saying our guys are too young or too inexperienced. They just flat got beat. Which brings me to my overarching question that I've asked elsewhere: Is it possible, despite our "generational defense" and 12-0 record coming into the SECCG, that the 2021 Alabama Crimson Tide is just a BETTER TEAM than the 2021 Georgia Bulldogs? Hmmm!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suppose the good thing is that we were never going to beat BAMA twice within 4 weeks. If we had to lose one, we lost the right one. I doubt seriously BAMA can get up again, like they did the first time. they felt disrespected by the press. Same way with Auburn when they beat us so easily there and there was no way they were going to be that up against us in the SECC game, they had to have been over-confident. No matter what they say, if BAMA gets by Cincy (they will show up) then they will be overconfident because they did pretty much everything right against us. How could they not be? It's human nature.

• sabandawgsabandawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

just win, no more being the band director, no more jumping in the stands, just win,