Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart selected Associated Press SEC Coach of Year, Brock Bowers Newcomer of Year

SystemSystem Posts: 10,546 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart selected Associated Press SEC Coach of Year, Brock Bowers Newcomer of Year

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart was named the Associated Press SEC Coach of the Year on Wednesday and freshman tight end Brock Bowers selected as the league’s top newcomer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Voted on prior to the SEC Championship game . I believe that....but still congratulate Kirby and team members for their outstanding honors. UGA did take the season by storm. Brock Bowers is phenomenal.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to Coach Smart and to Bowers for this recognition! Mike, I hope you feel better - missed your input on Dawgnation Daily today.

• Options
    Sarge63Sarge63 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Thank you K Smart for a 12-0 season keep it up go dawgs

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, Young and Kirby eye to eye. A little, but talented dude.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK let me say this and I Stress This, I am Very proud Of and For Kirby, his coaching staff and This Dawgs team. Very Proud. I am also Extremely proud of Brock Bowers and Very Thankful he chose UGA to play for. I Still see Hope for a great conclusion to this season/postseason for Kirby, our Dawgs and Dawg Nation. Let’s all Hope they can first handily ( again I Hope) thrash Michigan. Now I’m probably gonna catch allot of grief and fingers will be hitting the down vote button as fast as they can go and I really don’t care. Truth is Truth. SPECIFICALLY talking about his first Six or really Seven years Mark Richt deserves allot of credit for the following reasons: 1) He operated his Entire time at UGA with Significantly Less $$ being poured into the program. In fact he had to Embarrass the Then Powers at UGA by allowing it to get to media that he was willing to pay his coaching staff out of his own pocket. 2) He won Two SEC Conference Titles in that time frame. 3) Though this covers his Entire time at UGA not just his first six or seven years, he Never enjoyed the benefit of a Playoff system, there are at Two seasons that the powerful Bowl Committees beat Mark AND the Dawgs out of an opportunity in my opinion. Had there been a playoff system Who Knows UGA might have had One possibly Two additional National Titles. 4) He and his Dawgs beat Saban at LSU and Also at Bama. NOW it must be duly noted that UF was Coach Richt’s primary nemesis that spoiled His opportunities. But So Far Bama has been Kirby Smart’s spoiler. But Just Like when Mark Richt finally broke through (Remember the whole team storming the end zone ??) I’m Hoping and I’m Believing Kirby and His Dawgs will finally break through and beat Saban and Bama. Why did I bring up Coach Richt ?? Because I get sick and tired of SOME ( not even close to a majority) claiming Coach Richt was a Total failure and that he was weak. Yes as his tenure went on he became very inconsistent and his failures became more often than his success. But I challenge anyone who is trying even a little to be Honest to first go take a look at his first really Seven years THEN factor in Items 1) and 3) !! Kirby Deserves Praise and Credit he Earned them !! But I weary of SOME Dawgs fans using terms like “Almost as weak as CMR”. That’s not a fair comparison at all !! Kirby in the same time has only won 1 SEC Title vs. CMR 2. Yeah but Kirby went to a Ntl. Title even though they lost you say. Well Who’s to say that Richt and the Dawgs His first 7 years might not have got to the Ntl. Title TWICE had there been a Playoff System ?? So I’ll end by saying until Kirby matches Richt for those first 7 years Please refrain from bashing on CMR !! And as you Analyze the two Please Remember to factor in Items 1) and 3) !! Thank You !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Williams was the special team player of the year. Speed is becoming more and more important.

• Options

You are spot on and Right as rain my Brother !! I’m finding your Right pretty much All the time !! But I guess I should expect that from an ole submariner like you !! You submariners were/are the epitome of Attention To Detail !! I’m Hoping and Believing you are gonna be Right Again about THIS Dawgs Team’s ultimate destiny !! I think Michigan will be a tough challenge. But I think our Dawgs will prevail and beat them. Now Some Dawgs fans will wrongly. ASSume that if we have to fight till the last tick to beat Michigan then there’s No Way we could come back and beat Bama. Wrong !! We haven’t faced Michigan. They are playing very good football right now. Again I think it will be very tough and physical battle, but in the end our Dawgs win. Bama Will defeat Cincy with no disrespect to them, they’ve played very well, but no cigar for them verses Bama. Kirby and staff will have ironed out all the problems that Can be ironed out our injured guys that have had limited play will be back at 100%. Hopefully Chris Smith will be back and close to 100%. Pickens, Blaylock, Kearis Jackson back to his ole self. I think that Kirby Might just Maybe have Saban and the Tide figured this go round. I Believe there’s only so many times Saban can face the same guy ( Kirby) and although different for Some of our Dawgs this makes Three times facing Saban and the Tide. We might have a couple that’s seen them Four times ?? All good things ( for Bama) have to come to and end sometime and This time will be it !! The cat has expended his nine lives !! Take care Brother !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Oh and meant to say Damon Evans was a perverted joke !! He almost single handed destroyed the football program with his Selfishness !! All he cared about was Himself, His title, and His pay check !! He was scum !!