Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Early Senior Bowl selections offer hints on 2022 Georgia football roster outlook

SystemSystem Posts: 10,549 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageEarly Senior Bowl selections offer hints on 2022 Georgia football roster outlook

Georgia football will be well represented at the 2022 Senior Bowl. And it gives us a good idea of how the roster will shape up for the 2022 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We will reload and reassert ourselves as a top denfensive unit for next year - next man up!

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lose . . . the likes of. . . . It adds nothing to the sentence. Either "A" or "B", not the likes of!

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

QB position worries me. We have all these highly recruited guys in Carson, Brock, Gunnar, and then you have possible Stetson return, I don’t even know JT’s mindset or what he plans to do. Carson seems like a good bet to leave, but we can’t risk losing our highly rated recruits if Stetson decides to come back. As many have stated before, Stetson is a good, feel good story line, but you need 4/5 stars to compete and beat the Bamas. In a perfect scenario we win out, Stetson goes out on top, next season JT and CB goes to a new school to fulfill their potential, Brock gets the start and Gunnar is the backup.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Were Smart to say start JT last game or two in CFP's....a very long shot....I think Bennett would finally retire. JT and CB would still leave for another opportunity and that leaves the two top gun younguns....Vandagriff and Stockton. One can only dream.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Losing all the players on defense means the offense will have to score more and likely play from behind more. Hope the QB position gets worked out accordingly.

• Options
    Sarge63Sarge63 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Always remember if UGA defense never lets a score we will never lose, but that’s so hard defense is KEY in any football team Great DEFENSE ALWAYS YOU GOT A CHANCE might be a lot of 0-0 games keep the other team out of end zone and UGA WILL ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TEAM AND YEAR

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know what Fitzpatrick plans to do? I know we are loaded at TE, but he has always been dependable and a great blocker.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is a LOT of loss on the defensive side. Safe to say that next year's D will not approach what this year's D was able to accomplish. Based on recruiting rankings and returning players, UGA will again be losing ground to AL. Makes it all the more imperative to find a way to get it done this year. I cannot see SBIV coming back as a starter next season. One more year of SBIV making his initial read, scrambling and throwing the ball up for grabs is not worth losing 4 more years of BV or GS. JTD is gone. CB is probably gone. You play both BV and GS and hope they improve throughout the season. Clemson did it w/Sunshine. Bama did it with Young. FU did it w/Richardson. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

From this article, it would appear 2022 is going to be a rebuilding year for the dawgs, just as 2021 was for Bama. We now have a benchmark to determine how to measure a successful rebuild. UGA needs to win the East, win the SEC and make the CFB playoffs. This year’s team had two things Bama lacked those being experience and upper class leadership. Some of that will be missing next year. Still the dawgs will have both talent and coaching staff stability. Bama lost eleven from their staff to include four of five on field offensive coaches. Combine this stability along with the talent, winning the East is very doable. The other two might be more difficult.

This why I think it is UGA’s year to win it all, because going forward things are going to get more difficult.

Looking at the schedule I think the rebuild year record will be 13-2. Which most teams can only dream about.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UGADad20 Young only threw 22 passes as a freshman. Many of those were with the first team offense because he was Jones’s backup. We all assume Daniels is the backup to Bennett but really don’t know because Beck was announced as QB2 and as Montanadog pointed out when Daniels went down out trotted Bennett.

• Options
    mrt0024mrt0024 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Why was Travon Walker left out of this article and off the list of defensive lineman for next year? Is this just considering the fact that he could go to the NFL after this season, and we don't want to assume he's definitely coming back? Because with the amount of other defensive players UGA has graduating and leaving early, and with JD clearly looking like the higher draft pick of the two right now, I don't know why Travon doesn't come back and increase his draft stock, and I think he's incredibly underappreciated on our team, with Wyatt, JD, and Carter this year.

Expect Travon Walker to come back next year, and with a more prominent role, and a lot more attention on Jalen Carter, expect Walker to explode next season. He was a former 5 star out of high school and the #22 overall player in the country at any position in his class for a reason. Him plus Carter (a former 5 star himself and a #18 overall player in his class) will be an amazing duo.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article. And good luck to these men in their endeavors moving forward. Go Dawgs!