Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football recruiting: The early buzz on early signing day for the #Bo22Moves class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football recruiting: The early buzz on early signing day for the #Bo22Moves class

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry is about the latest less than 34 hours until early signing day kicks up for the 2022 class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Look for this roster to see about 10-to-12 Bulldogs drafted by the NFL. The actual number should go higher than that."

I stated as much earlier this year and was challenged by someone on here about that. I wonder who that was?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems funny to say this with a signing class that should easily finish in the Top 5, perhaps higher, but from reading Jeff's column, I get the feeling that this class should be considered "good, not great." Maybe we'll benefit from a couple of unexpected last-minute flips. Hope so. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It disappointing, but with the new Transfer Portal rules and NIL deals, I no longer really care to follow what recruits are trending towards and even "signing" doesn't seem to mean much. Do you even have to put in a full year once you sign?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be excited to see those names signed but who transfers will likely be a bigger deal and then you have those that declare for the draft as well.

All eyes will be on the QB situation and whether Gunner signs and what JT, Bennett, Beck and Vandagriff all decide to do (none are even close to guarantees: I would hope Vandagriff would give us another year, but if Bennett comes back...).

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It will be interesting to see what happens to the QB room with the transfer portal. Lots of names have already jumped in and I will expect more to come. Slovis, Rattner, Calzada, and Nix already there. I wonder if there will be a landing spot available should Beck and/or Daniels opt in.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never would've guessed it, but I almost have to wonder if the Early Signing Day was setup to pressure recruits (since 99% of players sign on early signing day) to commit to a team prior to a coach immediately leaving for another program. Certainly, many coaching decisions have already been made, but geez it's not even to the first playoff game yet nor Bowl game.

Waiting until Feb gave recruits plenty of time to see how things would "shake out". Heck, players aren't even announcing whether they are going Pro or not, so if you're an elite athlete how can you possibly know what to do if you're expecting to play Freshman year?

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

hopefully no one will break our heart on ESD.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hoping for some good surprises on signing day! Hopefully there are some silent commits that will blow this thing wide open! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I may get negative feedback from this but I think both Bennett and Daniels will leave and if not, I'm hoping Kirby tells both that their time at Georgia was appreciated but it's time to move on. We have to secure our future QB whoever that may be.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

My biggest signing day worry is that the loss of Lanning results in some flips. UGA taking a couple recent 3*'s doesn't bode well for an extra big haul on 12/15. I'll be happy to keep who's committed now. Really want SJames and Everette. On the subject of QB's , SBIV coming back with an expectation to start will cause multiple QB's to transfer. That would be a huge setback for UGA as we have seen the ceiling for SBIV but not for the other UGA QB's (or Bryce Young). It occurs to me that JTD would be a great fit at OR. Or even to fill the Slovis spot at USC. Gotta believe LRiley (Urban Meyer Jr) is working hard to get Caleb Williams out to Los Angeles. Why be a big fish in Norman OK when you can be a huge fish in LA? Calzada looked good and developed through the season. I wonder how BV would've developed had he played as much as much lower ranked Calzada? Calzada beat AL. SBIV? not so much. 2nd verse same as the first.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

To bad West is going to flip, he is a 5 star at every other recruiting service except 247 sports!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For some reason TWest dropped 68 spots (from 5* #29 to 4* #97) on Rivals in the last 2 weeks. Oddly many of the AL commits rose 20, 30 as many as 70 spots in the rankings. Gotta trust CKS to recruit players that fit the profile of a UGA team. I like the DB recruits for this cycle. Much needed.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

well that will be a record hands down better than LSU, Bama or even Miami, all time. If the dawgs don’t win the national championship, it not be for the lack of talent