Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers from the 2022 early signing period

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers from the 2022 early signing period

Georgia football had a very busy first day of the early signing period.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The biggest loser was Urban Meyer

• Options

Cannot finish typing a comment either when it refreshes have to start over again if not posted fast enough

• Options

Florida signs 2 players from where? Oh yeah Florida. One of which was already committed and Connor says they are going to be a force to reckon with for elite talent going forward. That settles that LOL. From SDS "Napier winning one recruiting battle with Georgia doesn’t change the fact that even without Wilson, Smart and Georgia signed one of the greatest secondary recruiting classes in the history of the sport Wednesday afternoon. Wilson choosing Florida over Georgia won’t strike fear into the hearts of Dawgs fans, nor should it. The talent gap, and the scoreboard (Georgia 34, Florida 7), won’t change anytime soon."

• Options

Man, Connor jumped on the Napier bandwagon fast! Wrote it is stone already....SMH. I would be more concerned if Lane Kiffin got the FL job.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The refresh is also making it a frustrating chore to watch interview videos. Please fix!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

(Please turn off auto-refresh on this site) Overall, a solid "haul". I would agree with another poster that the fact that we don't get the high profile superstar WRs tells you something and defeats the purpose of getting superstar QBs. 4-star WRs. So, our Top WR this year is #223 and last year was #386. Bama this year has: #43, #96 and #147. Last year they had: #34, #45 and #75. Ohio State 2022: #68, #72, #106 and #146. 2021: #10, #97 and #99. How exactly are we supposed to have a decent passing game with no one that can CATCH THE BALL???

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

The biggest loser is not getting a couple of Safeties signed, I think we are really thin back there and if Cine leaves early, not sure what we will do?

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Dabo.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ringo's best position is S (as we saw this year). He should be a monster at S or STAR. His size does not translate as well to CB in CFB when you consider the leading edge trend (Ie Bama) is to go with smaller, quicker/faster WR's. Hopefully CSmith AND TSmith both come back next season. AND some of the young DB's develop. I expect UGA to cherry pick from the TP just like AL does. Expect to see some experience come in via the TP at WR (unless GPickens returns), CB, S and possibly other positions depending on who leaves.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. One of the (many) problems Georgia encountered during the Alabama game was the failure of receivers to gain separation. I don’t care who is under center, if receivers don’t get open, it is going to be difficult to develop a strong passing game.

• Options
    Jeff1973Jeff1973 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I've heard rumors of JT Daniels and Stetson Bennett returning to UGA for another season. As much as I'd like to see JT Daniels return, I'm concerned about the potential for Beck, Vandergriff, and/or Stockton entering the transfer portal next year with such a crowded QB room. It wouldn't surprise me if Carson Beck leaves regardless of what happens with Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels potentially returning.

I'm also concerned that Coach Smart's decision to keep Stetson Bennett at QB1 is having a negative effect on recruiting elite wide receivers to UGA. Although the Stetson Bennett story is inspiring and the players all support him, I don't think Stetson Bennett at QB1 does much to inspire elite wide receivers coming out of high school. The SEC championship game made it clear to me that UGA needs elite wide receivers and an elite QB to win against Alabama.

I certainly hope I'm proven wrong and UGA beats Michigan and gets their revenge against Alabama in the championship game. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

is it discussed anywhere which of the early signees will actually be enrolling in January?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to be interesting to see what GA has as far as starters and SEC level depth next season.

Defense is going to take quite a few loses to graduation and the NFL. The offense should be good.