Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

No matter what playoffs bring, Dawgs have had a memorable season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageNo matter what playoffs bring, Dawgs have had a memorable season

The disappointing loss to Alabama notwithstanding — and no matter how the playoff turns out — the 2021 Dawgs have had a great season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowers and the much improved play of a young man named James Cook were the highlights of the season for me.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, this is and excellent recap of the UGA season. Lots to be thankful for as the Dawgs dug deep to win with a plethora of injuries to key players. It is good to be a Dawg!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DAWGFORLIFE1988

While I share much of your disappointment in the outcome of the SEC championship game, I would advise to not invest too much of your emotional energy on the vicissitudes of the college gridiron. Other things will prove more worthy over time.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes we've had a good year but 41 years without a title is way too long. This NEEDS to be the year. Get it done. We've had plenty good years.

• Options
    dawgfanathensdawgfanathens Posts: 123 ✭✭✭ Junior

It sort of like New England undefeated regular season and loss to NY Giants. I wonder how many people talks about how great that season was for Tom Brady.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Memorable is right, (if we lose to Michigan), for all the wrong reasons, the big tease.....everyone believing we could beat BAMA, then we laid a t u rd. Number 1 all season and then we don't show up for BAMA. Only thing that fixes this is to win out.

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bill, because of my immense respect for you and your work, it's challenging to respond here but I must ask: were you watching us lose for EIGHTH consecutive time to Alabama and all you can say is that it's been a memorable season? I agree, it has been, but memorable mostly for THE WAY we were totally embarrassed by Alabama. Like you Bill, Ive been at this a very long time and right now I'm just not sure were gonna pay into the Hartman Fund for a 35th season. We keep paying not to win games. We pay because we love our school, the players and we pay just to be proud of the university.

HOWEVER, like with any endeavor, we'd like to see growth and improvement. Winning 12 consecutive games is a monumental feat but to lose to Alabama for the eighth consecutive time and in embarrassing form isn't growth. Had we finished regular season 10-2, win the east and beat Bama in the SECCG would represent growth. I argue finishing 12-0 and being thoroughly humiliated by Bama is not growth.

We are in Miami Beach on family vacation on 12-31 but will not be at the game. If we beat Michigan we have absolutely zero confidence we beat Bama and your obvious omission of the monster QB issue is conspicuous by it's omission Bill.

Why is it everyone with or associated with Cox are seemingly afraid of taking on Kirby and his horrid decisions re the QB position for most of his tenure In Athens?

Best Regards-

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Beautifully done, Bill.

Almost enough to make us feel good, but the fact is you're either elite or you're not.

This Georgia team and its coach have not answered the question yet, but their post season warm up game was a stinker. Spraying the regular season with gold paint doesn't make up for it.

I'm sorta thinking they'll be hard pressed to beat Michigan. Ending the season with two loses is not elite.

Let's not feed anyone other than Michigan and Alabama and Cincinnati Rat Poison.

We're not beating anybody else playing to not lose instead of playing to win.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re so amazingly selfish and always hypercritical. I’d hate to live in your world where everything is so incredibly negative.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

One more loss and this year is just a disappointing as last year and the year before nobody talks about the undefeated LSU team that loss to bama

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

We’ve got Stafford & Moreno & Gurley & Chubb & Michel memories too.

We need NC memories.

• Options
    BuckdawgBuckdawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Natty or bust! Go JT!

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2021

RollDog You obviously didn't read the Blawg published the day after the loss to Alabama. I suggest you go back and do so. It dealt extensively with the quarterback issue. In brief, I suggested that to continue to do the same thing and to expect different results is, as the saying goes, the definition of insanity. In other words, I think JT needs to play. Your suggestion that I am somehow part of some Cox pro-Kirby conspiracy just shows your ignorance of my history. Really, you'd be better off limiting your comments to subjects with which you are more familiar.