Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Lewis Cine: Georgia bracing for Michigan ‘big boy football’ in Orange Bowl CFP Semifinal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageLewis Cine: Georgia bracing for Michigan ‘big boy football’ in Orange Bowl CFP Semifinal

ATHENS — Lewis Cine did some advance scouting on Michigan and the Georgia safety came away impressed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good to hear how honest and real Cine is regarding what happened to Georgia against Bama. One thing is for sure, the dawgs will not be surprised this time around with Michigan or hopefully with a rematch against Bama. They will be going into this with both eyes open with no illusions as to how good they are. They also will not be hearing all the rat posion this time and will be underdogs against both teams. That's not a bad place to be - now, they can prove the naysayers wrong by beating two very good teams!

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby fixing the Qb position himself??? Oh god here comes run it up the middle and attempt to win 13-6😡😡

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loved the responses from the team. Now let’s see if we are men or boys. You’ve been punched in the mouth, do you lay down and let Bama beat you twice by losing to them and Michigan or do you get off the ground and put some respect on your name!

Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Georgia went three-and-out on back-to-back offensive series during Alabama’s 24-point explosion in the second quarter, and one of the Tide’s touchdowns came on a Pick-6. On two other occasions, Alabama got the ball after the offense turned the ball over on downs."

LEARN from your mistakes! That is the Cine mantra. Michigan does not have a Heisman QB...that is one advantage UGA defense has...but they do have Heisman candidate types in their DBs. Michigan will be getting after Bennett! Just like Bama. I hope UGA can score on the excellent Wolverine defense? Otherwise, another quiet ride home. I am honestly trying to remain positive. Michigan State figured them out, adjusted, and came back to win. You will not beat Michigan on the ground....UGA must employ an RPO plan against this monster defense. Bennett can roll out.....a must. Use James Cook as a receiver option. Pickens too is a long ball option. He can separate. Come on Dawgs...give me a reason to smile.

The Vegas betting crowd has underestimated Michigan. I would never give UGA an 8 pt margin. Even pts at best. I am guaranteeing UGA another war!!!!! Guaranteed!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That may be about the best analysis of what happened that I've read....

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our defense needs to step up and rediscover their mojo. You can’t allow a SEC CG record passing and expect our offense to keep up no matter who our QB may be. Anything more than 4 TDs by Bama in a rematch will be a total failure by our defense. Time to play big boy football starting with Michigan. Go Dawgs!!!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These guys should not have needed any wake up call to play Alabama. Putting in too much new stuff with young players is not wise. You are asking for broken coverages and players in the wrong places. Remember the broken coverage on 2nd and 26? They will need to play A LOT better to beat MI and AL. Saban completely neutralized JDavis by running up tempo and not letting him get off the field to substitute pass rushers/fresh players. MI runs more. That should make JDavis more of a factor and allow for more substitutions.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love the analysis by all these weekend warriors in the comments. The UGA players want to win more than anyone. So do the coaches. The constant, you should have done this or that is getting old. If you're a Dawg fan, get on board. If not, take a hike. Or maybe get out of your recliner, strap up, and go try and play and do better. Not happening. So support the team you all supposedly bleed red and black for. Your "team" lost one game. Guess that's not good enough for people who project their own success and self-worth on a college football team. Sorry but I had to say it.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So BigMike you make a lot of sense and I think more DB's vs AL certainly couldn't have hurt. BUT more dime (4-1-6 according to you) means taking LB's (UGA's strongest D group) off the field. If you take LB's off the field Saban will run more. They will still score only with longer more time consuming drives. To me especially with Metchie hurt the answer is more man to man coverage (AL killed the zone) and more blitzing from UGA FAST LB's. Or zone blitzes dropping UGA's athletic LB's and bringing DB's. The losses of AAnderson and TSmith (UGA's highest rated player in the preseason CFB Top 100) is probably the difference in winning and losing vs AL.