Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN expert picks Michigan to beat Georgia in Orange Bowl, win CFP Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageESPN expert picks Michigan to beat Georgia in Orange Bowl, win CFP Championship

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Michigan football consistency and momentum has made a believer out of former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to stir the pot, @MikeGriffith! 🤣

Georgia 30 Michigan 17. 😉

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Ok. Honestly, if it's not going to be the Dawgs (for argument's sake), I'd rather see it be Michigan than Bama or Cincy.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I would say that Michigan played a weak schedule, but so did UGA. Only team that seemed worth a **** was Alabama and we got crushed. Also, I would rather them run than throw, that didn’t look good for us last time.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs should beat Michigan but anything can happen. Unfortunately, that Bama game is still in back of my mind. Not only because I'm disappointed in the result but also b/c people keep bringing up how overrated the team was after that game. The schedule was basically the same as Bama's. I was one of the first to blame the players. Mr. Bennett and the other players aren't the reason we lost that game the way we did. Whenever you change the schemes drastically less than a week before a game, then you got to look at ones calling the shots. Kirby and the coaching staff panicked at the moment they knew they were playing against Nick Saban. It reminded me of Mark Richt every time his team play Florida. Always that one lost to Florida. He finally got that win , even if it was by an uncharacteristic Mark Richt way. And I truly hope Kirby will too if there is a rematch. GO DAWGS!! GET OVER THAT HUMP!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Wolverines have the advantage from a mental perspective. The Dawgs have a slight edge in talent. Lanning has one foot out the door so there's another intangible for the defense. I'd love to see a statement win for the Dawgs to declare they want a rematch against Bama, but I'm betting a close dogfight against Blue. Mistakes (penalties, turnovers) and who controls the line of scrimmage are the key.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You mean the same Michigan team that struggled to beat Rutgers at home?

• Options
    JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

He may ended up being right, as who knows, but I agree that he is a generally a complete dufus.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way the term “expert” is thrown around in college football is laughable! Michigan is the fourth best team in the playoffs.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hear you E_Roc. The people who saw that one game, the so called experts and even some fans are overreacting to that one loss. It's nothing new but we know that they are better than that game. People love throwing salt on the wound. Let Michigan and their fans "drink that kool-aid". I think this is a Georgia team that now truly believes it has something to prove. Let's Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's half right.

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

GA will beat Michigan and go on to win the National Championship.