Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm struggles in NFL debut as starter

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageJake Fromm struggles in NFL debut as starter

Jake Fromm finally got his first NFL start on Sunday, and it did not go as well as expected.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No real surprise here.....love Fromm and what he did for Georgia...to the best of his abilities....but he isn't a starting QB in the NFL.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very unexpected. Not that he struggled; that's not uncommon. I don't know if Jake had ever actually been on the road in the NFL (probably didn't travel w/the Bills though I could be wrong). And Philly is a very tough environment (this was the 8th straight loss by NY in Philly), and the wind was atrocious. BUT, all that said, the thing that did surprise me was his lack of accuracy. Smart, confident, and accurate. That's his DNA.

I'll hazard a guess, though we'll have to hear from Jake to know for sure. I don't think he was nervous. He doesn't get nervous. But I think it might have been adrenaline. He was overthrowing guys consistently. He's never done that. I just wonder if he wasn't too pumped up. Yes, the wind was brutal (see Hurts 1st Qtr stats - exact same QBR). But overthrows are generally a function of something when they keep happening.

Either way, we might have just seen the end of Jake's NFL career, if that's not being too dramatic. I would like to see him play again, in decent weather, in a less hostile environment. But I don't know if Judge will give him that chance. If not, he might be done. Too bad. A really good kid. Quality people.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not saying he's NFL talent but many a decent player on a bad team struggled in their debuts.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigMike

Jake Matthews played for Texas A&M in college.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Julio pretty much done, he can't stayhealthy and his contract was too high to keep. Atl did right by moving him. He's got 0 TD's this year.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It looks like Jake's playing days in the NFL are over, but there's still Canada. Are they still playing pro football in Europe?

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After that girl went public with his not so smart text that contained the words elite, white, people, that pretty much ended his credibility. There were a lot of slanted glances towards him after that. Seemed like was done at UGA right then and everyone just tried to put a happy face on him leaving. Still, that Rose Bowl, Tennessee and Florida dominance will always be fondly remembered.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jake Fromm was already with the Bills when this came out. Nothing to do w/him leaving UGA.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DeppDawg ,

I was very surprised to read about his inaccuracy too. I am choosing to believe it was more about his lack of practice time with the starters to better acclimate to game speed. I hope he gets another chance to start but being a career back up in the NFL for 10+ years is not a bad job at all.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It took place in March 2019. She held it over his head threatening to go public for months. Screen shots were all over the internet.