Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia gets needed boost with JT Daniels, George Pickens in Orange Bowl fold

Comments

• Options
    DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh and I never said practice didn’t matter. I said it’s not the end all be all. Do you think Saban would bench Bryce Young if he didn’t practice but one day this week? No, I didn’t think so either.

• Options

Dude go look at the schedule. Who did Bennet beat? I’m pretty sure BV could have started those games and won. It wasn’t the toughest gauntlet he maneuvered through. Ask yourself this. Would he start for any other team in the playoffs? Highly doubt it.

• Options

I’m sorry. I guess you are Mr. Football. Kirby needs to hire you with all of your knowledge. Stetson wouldn’t start for any of them. He was 4th string coming out of camp at Georgia. You know about as much as Kirby when it comes to quarterbacks dude LOL

• Options

Almost lost to? Either they won or lost. Ain’t playing horseshoes

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs Defense was Instrumental in the Loss to Bama. The Bama that the Auburn Defense forced to Four OTs. Kirby admitted that Saban and Young were Excellent in picking apart the Dawgs D in zone coverage. So Why in the world did Kirby STAY with zone coverage pretty much all game when he Saw it wasn’t working ? Before anyone goes ballistic I’m very happy and grateful that Kirby is HC at UGA. However when he spoke of taking a long look in the mirror I sure hope he included himself in that. Saban wins many times when at first it looks like he’s on the way to a loss because of his Willingness to take calculated risks. Including changing QBs if need be. Kirby tends to stick with the plan, Regardless. That’ll work many times, BUT there are times when the plan you came in with simply won’t work against some opponents SO you sure better have a well prepared ( and practiced) Plan B and for that matter a Plan C. Saban has a knack for knowing When to abandon Plan A and jump to Plans B and C. I sure hope that the debacle in Atlanta taught Kirby a bitter, painful lesson. This Dawgs team is Very talented, Even with all the injuries. AND many of the players have been in 13 games. In my humble opinion it boils down to 1) How bad do these Dawgs REALLY want the Ntl. Crown ? 2) Is Kirby willing to make in game adjustments, Even radical ones if necessary ? Since last game has he developed an alternate strategy in the event the Traditional plan ain’t working ? 3) This last one is just as Crucial. Since the Debacle in Atlanta do these Dawgs BELIEVE in their hearts they Can win ? I’m sure that last game took a heavy toll on their confidence. BUT I hope the Coaches, their Family & Close Friends and even Each Other remind themselves that they won Twelve Straight Games. And I hope they think of how Auburn took Saban and the Tide to Four OTs . These Dawgs CAN beat Both Michigan and Bama they just have to go out on that field and TAKE what belongs to them !! Defeat is not an option. I’m gonna Believe in them !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Stets starts and he probably will, I sure hope for His sake, for the Team’s sake, for Kirby and the other coaches sakes, for his family and friends, for Dawg Nation that he does GREAT !! And the Dawgs win BIG !! But and if he struggles and it’s obvious he’s not able to get the job done then I sure hope Kirby will bring in JT early enough to save the game IF he Can save the game. I’d say the Exact same thing if JT starts. I just want our Dawgs to WIN first Michigan then Bama. They could start Jordan Davis at QB if that would result in Wins as far as I’m concerned.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yaaaaaaawwwwnnnnn. Is there a reason why people are still quoting star ratings? Interestingly, I don't remember one whine where someone was complaining about good ol' Mr. Specs Blankenship being a walk-on... Development and ability go way beyond what "experts" see in an kid's high school years...

• Options
    NJEricNJEric Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

So we know what this Board thinks, pro and con , on the CFP QBs. What does the world think? Well, in 2021 Bryce took the Heisman and the Cincy QB had votes. JT was high on the initial 2021 betting odds list. For 2022, Bryce leads in the current odds, with JT again very high on the short list. The Michigan QB has mentions in a few lists as well. But SB? Not a peep. Nobody thinks he is of this elite quality except for a handful of people on this Board. Now, I hope the faithful on this Board are right and that SB leads the Dawgs to the Championship. But lets be realistic and recognize that claims that he is the best of the CFP QBs are extreme minority opinions. Somebody said a couple days back that SB did great against Alabama except for 5 or 6 plays. 5 or 6 plays? Brady is a mundane QB except for 5 or 6 plays per game! That's a lot.

• Options

You aren’t the smartest cookie in the jar, bless your heart lol, but hey, I think we both want the end result. If Stetson wins it all for the Dawgs, I can eat humble pie gladly! If he can’t, trust me, you’re gonna eat it too Big Boy Lol

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

For a slight change of topic but still at least loosely related to the DAWGS getting back JT and GP, has anyone noticed that two AA receivers from Ohio State are not playing in the grand daddy of them all, the Rose Bowl? If this doesn't tell those idiots at the highest level of decision makers for big boy college ball, that they DESPERATELY need to expand the playoffs to twelve in order to have any semblance of talent after the regular season, I don't know what will. The days of the traditional bowl season are emphatically gone and need this replacement.

• Options

Fair enough, I won’t hide either, I promise. I don’t hate Stetson, I just don’t trust Kirby LOL. I think it will take both to win it all as it did with Bama against Georgia in 2017. I bleed red and black, I just get frustrated with the SOS with Kirby. Hope I’m wrong, and GO Dawgs!

• Options
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No onw (that I know of) doubted we could run through the East with SB, the question was always could we beat BAMA with him at QB and what would happen if it came down to a shootout type game? NOw we know the answer to those questions, unfortunately. If we canget by MI. We can all hope and pray for a different ending. We'll have to.

• Options

I know he wants to win, but he is just too stubborn at times. Swallow your pride and change.That’s all. Don’t be afraid to do whatever in game, to try and win.