Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CFP Championship coach Kirby Smart turns to Georgia football future, ‘it’s right now’

2»

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think I see the real pattern of all of Kirby vs Saban matches. The winner of the first half is TOAST! Kirby had Saban right where he wanted him this time trailing 9-6. Part of our rightly intoxicated response to this victory is that we can finally say: "My daddy can beat your daddy"!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

10 years from now, ESPN will show a video compilation of Kirby kissing different nat'l champ trophies. I predict 3 or 4 over that period. I think the tables have turned and BAMA will now have to go through Georgia to reach the natty!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

Others have already (very rightly) eviscerated the content of this post, so I’ll address the unsaid part (so far): this is just plain rude. I can’t imagine a Bama fan posting such negativity about their own team on any of their boards post a National Championship win.

Setting all that aside, the future does indeed look bright… Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is UGADad really just an anagram for "Dud a(gainst) GA"?

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What Saban and Bama have shown us is that you can lose a half dozen players in the FIRST ROUND of the NFL Draft and STILL come back reloaded and strong. Coaches establish the framework to turn the kids into men and then it's just "Next Man Up".

I firmly believe that we will be at the NC game again very, very soon.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, actually not. JT wouldn't need to transfer if he thought he had a real shot to play, but he clearly didn't and so now really have no choice.

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well said, I hope Kirby makes it a a little less harder than it was next time. With elite qb play in the future, our defense can be afforded a few mistakes and still win the game. Regardless I am glad we got the NC this year and kuddos to those players who played well this whole year.