Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oh! What a week for the Dawgs and their fans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageOh! What a week for the Dawgs and their fans

“I have never been to a stadium full on a Saturday in January.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    adcdadcd Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Some people are never happy regardless.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Who better to write the book about the fans’ perspective of this National Championship than Bill King! His perspective is unique in that he can chronicle all the years between #34 and #99 and all the coaches and players and their seasons in between.

Thank you Lord for this 2021 National Championship team, their coaches and staff, UGA administration, Dawg Nation, and the best **** college town in the world!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Truly a great day in Athens celebrating THE NATIONAL CHAMPION DAWGS,

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm very glad to hear that kids had a chance to high five some of the Georgia Athletes. Sounds like it was a great experience all the way around from fans to players alike.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

That was great, Bill, maybe your best ever description of a special Saturday in Athens, the beautiful city where I was born BTW lol. So proud of Kirby and his team, and coaches gutting out a fabulous 4th Quarter in a strange city, and in a strange football stadium, (but with very familiar, and very loud fans). It seemed every time that Alabama was poised to take the game over, the absolutely roaring fans pushed the UGA team to greater and greater heights. Chill bumps and tears of joy for days! And, as the 40 year old book, written by two special DGDs, sitting perpetually on my coffee table reads, Glory! Glory!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just had chills running up my spine after reading that....WOW. I so wish I had been there but was instead in snowy northwest Montana.

Utterly fantastic and incredible season for the Dawgs!! SO glad for all the players, coaches, and the FANS. A well deserved celebration!

Thanks so MUCH for the memories Bill and all the wonderful articles this season!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a great day for all Dawg fans.

Frankly every day this week has been great. There's just something about finally winning the national championship after waiting 41 years.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best thing in years Bill