Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A closer look at Stetson Bennett’s puzzling comment

13»

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe you should respect the kid's privacy and leave it at that. Obviously no chance there. All of you jackels will parse and dissect his words until you come up with some meaningful premise -- but that means zero. Give the poor kid some space! It's his life to live, and he's earned the right to whatever he wants to do. He's not here for anyones entertainment. I'm amazed by the callousness of people who should be admiring the first QB to win it all in 41 years.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Like everyone else on the team, Stet should compete for the position. Kirby would lose credibility if he made everyone else compete except for Stet.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all due respect, he’s the one who chose to make those comments on national tv.

just sayin

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, the thing is this. He's representing UGA on a national heavily viewed program. His comments make us look bad and makes Smart look bad.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agreed with decision to play Stetson instead of JT but now It's time to move past both SB the Great but old and JT the constantly injured and develop the younger guys. Stetson should not have done theGMA interview-don't interact with the press when you're tired and otherwise impaired.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all due respect does anyone think Bryce young is going to be competing for a starting job? Which QB won the NC?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

declaring Stet the starter isn’t that big a deal except for Kiby wanting to keep as many qb’s interested as possible declaring sb the starter isn’ like getting married

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's no doubt that Bennett was still intoxicated and honestly, nobody should judge him for that. He's 25 and achieved what should be his life's primary goal and I'm sure the party went all night and god knows what time he had to be at Good Morning America.

What has me confused is that there seems to be crickets from him after it. If he had said "sorry guys, I didn't mean it that way: I was just exhausted", then I don't think we'd still be talking about it. So, I have to believe he stands by what he said.

I still believe he has been guaranteed a spot in the 1s and I guess that's okay. As long as JT and Vandagriff stay then there is no drama.