Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rising Georgia football star Nolan Smith returning, adds bite to reloading Bulldogs’ defnse.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageRising Georgia football star Nolan Smith returning, adds bite to reloading Bulldogs’ defnse.

ATHENS — The Georgia football defense just added considerably more teeth with Nolan Smith announcing he will return for another season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad news for the SEC and the rest of the nation!

Back-to-Back!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great news. Smart man. One more year at UGA will earn him many more millions than leaving for the second or third round.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A W E S O M E ! ! ! !

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s amazing news for Nolan and our Dawgs!!! I’m also excited to see (All American) Tykee return and Chris Smith. We need to come up with a name for those superstars on the defense. Maybe: the Smith Trio, the Terrible Smiths, etc……other ideas welcome. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The rematch this year was just like the one with Auburn in 2017, embarrass and P I S S off a Dawg, make him angry and he will BITE YOU in the knee and everywhere else.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD. Good news indeed this helps to continuing an elite unit year to year. Go Dawgz. 😎

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With J. Carter anchoring the D-line, N. Smith at Linebacker and C. Smith/T. Smith in the secondary, our Defense will have loads of leaders in place to take us to the repeat!

Great news for the Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Certainly with NIL deals in place now, I would HOPE that schools like Georgia would be able to offer a VERY generous insurance policy if they get hurt their Senior Year. Keeping NFL early draft players would cost a tiny fraction of the potential revenue generated, ESPECIALLY if Georgia now gets a cut from every NIL deal (I bet they do).

Anyway, this is great to hear! I would expect that our attrition would be higher than normal now that there's no longer that need to "win it all" next year and when you have big stars leaving, it encourages you to do the same.

Still, if Smart has learned how to "reload" like Bama does, then we should be in the Playoff race next year too.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His senior leadership will be key!

Great decision, Nolan Smith! It will pay off big time, including financially.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Back-to-back “generational” defenses! Now, if Vandegriff has been developing into the elite QB he is capable of being, the offense will be “generational “!

Lord, the weapons we have for the right trigger man!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

The Smithereens? Not the band, but as in blow 'em to pieces! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nolan Smith coming back is big his leadership and example are important as well as needed.😎

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I still think Tindall should come back for a super senior season. I think that could catapult him into a 1st round pick.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

Imagine if Smith wins the Butkus, back to back Dawgs, along with Roquan in 2017, we could become LBU along with RBU and TEU.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Obviously this is great news. Nolan played lights out in the playoffs!

just a side note: I can’t post on Connor’s articles. Can he block me? I don’t know why he would, but something is going on.