Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

No Comparison

GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand everything Terrance Edwards is saying. I agree to a certain point with his statement. One thing I feel he cannot do is compare a student athlete changing schools because he is not happy with his current situation to an adult changing a job.  Reason, that adult have more responsibilities with people they must take care of besides themselves, to include bills.  Not to mention that most adults probably did not have the opportunity to get a higher education because of these responsibilities or not offered the opportunity, so they must better their situation by changing jobs.  If he wants to compare a student athlete to someone, let him compare them to a kid in the same age group that sign up for a three-to-four-year commitment in the military. These kids must fulfil that obligation regardless if they like the unit they are in, the places they are station, or the deployments. They can only leave a unit when the military says it is time for them to move on to a new duty station and this is often at the need of the military. If these kids show their dislike of their current situation, they risk the chance of receiving a dishonorable discharge. So, let us not do any comparisons. How about call out the fans that cares about their feelings and what they think is best for a kid. Which they should worry about themselves and their situations.   If fans are not happy with a player on the team or program…to them I say find a different team to root for or choose a different sport. It is sickening to hear social media bullies talk bad about kids because they are displeasing with how the kid plays or the coaching staff.   If you can do better work on your eligibility to play or apply for a coaching job. Other than that, keep your comments to yourself.