Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Lovasea Carroll announces he too will be transferring to SEC opponent on Georgia’s 2022 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageLovasea Carroll announces he too will be transferring to SEC opponent on Georgia’s 2022 schedule

Former Georgia football cornerback Lovasea Carroll announced he would be transferring to South Carolina.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can't really blame Lovasea for transferring. He was recruited into a overcrowded RB room and was changed over to secondary. He couldn't get on the field there and the young man wants to play. I think he is going to SC as a running back. Good luck Lovasea Carroll!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish all of these guys success in their new ventures (except when they are playing the dawgs!). This had to happen at some point, because we need space on our roster.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Carroll was moved to DB out of desperation due to injuries. Actually in the long term, with his height/weight/speed ratio DB was a smarter play. DB's play 15 yrs in the league and RB's play 5. He should've stuck it out a la Alabama players.

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Possibly true, but remember that the guys in their 6th year of eligibility -- Stetson Bennett and Christopher Smith come to mind -- do not count against the scholarship count.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Or....there's currently nothing in the portal that is better than what UGA currently has.

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well we'd better start managing our 85-man roster differently to create room for transfers or we're going to be left in the dust by team like Bama. Recruiting is the best option for depth long-term but watching Bama stock up on 4/5 stars at will is concerning.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Yeah, he'll carry the rock at SC... fully capable, and should get plenty of touches out of the O backfield. Go Dawgs!

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree with Tripp... this is completely understandable for a guy who made personal sacrifices (from RB to DB) to support the team while he was here. The only one that gives me any pause is still Jermaine (maybe Jalen...?), but in all cases, wish all of them the best... except when/if against UGA :)

• Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, came in as a RB, moved to DB. Can't blame him for following his passion to another school; the portal and one time transfer was designed for kids like this in mind.

Wish him the best, except when playing the Red and Black.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In a way, I feel sorry for LC. It seemed he was moved to DB almost as soon as he arrived on campus. Is it a sure thing that he would have never played as a running back, his natural position? As it was, he barely got on the field as a DB. He did sacrifice for the team, but I just wonder if he couldn't have proven himself as a decent running back. I guess we'll find out in a few months. Go Dawgs!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he looked on the bright side, at CB usually has a much higher draft slot than a RB. But if that is what you love, then it is time to move on! UGA as a fantastic RB room!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Yes, we will indeed find out soon enough. He was, after all, a mid-to-high 4 star with impressive credentials and tape... could very well find his mojo and potential in the right program, and SC seems to fit the bill with their RB needs, recent upgrades in other positions, and SEC pedigree. Go Dawgs!