Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Georgia football needs out of its 2022 wide receiver room after departure of Jermaine Burton

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat Georgia football needs out of its 2022 wide receiver room after departure of Jermaine Burton

Georgia football will need more out its wide receiver room in 2022 after Jermaine Burton announced his transfer to Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope to see Ladd and AD in expanded roles this fall. Both where big surprises this past season and they are worthy of more trust from the OC. The dawgs will have a good product on the field in 2022 and I am excited to see how it all shapes out!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Actually, Mitchell caught the game winning TD. Bowers and Ringo extended the lead.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

So, basically we've got a plethora of WRs in our toolbox - some with a decent amount of reps, a couple with limited reps due to injuries, and a few green horns. And if we can add Gilbert to the mix in his full glorious form by Spring then I'd say we ought to be pretty happy. We've just got to get the starting QB situation ironed out in the Spring so the WRs and QB can get to know each others tendencies. And we have no need to go to the portal for a QB. That's a slap in the face for the guys that have already put in the time. Let's develop the guys we have and let the Spring competition work it out.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

I mean this article should be short given the headline…. The answer to that question is they need to do the same thing they would have needed to do anyway - work hard, get better and step up when called upon. After all the guy caught an average of <2 balls per game for <35 yards per game; and scored a whopping avg of 2 points per game. We just need the WR room to do what they were gonna have to do anyway and if they do it won’t be all that hard to replace JB’s production.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A healthy stable of WRs and UGA is fine. WR does not dcepend on one receiver in Burton, believe me.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just so you know AD caught that touchdown over a db that’s a junior.

let that sink in

• Options
    Dawg89Dawg89 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

"Expectations were not high for Ladd McConkey and AD Mitchell when they arrived at Georgia. But both pretty quickly outplayed their respective recruiting rankings and made big plays throughout the year for Georgia.

The biggest reason as to why is likely because of their availability."

The biggest reason why is often recruiting rankings are wrong. Despite the obsession of many that you can't compete with guys unless they have enough "stars' next to their name.

Baller's ball - and AD and Ladd did just that.

• Options
    kenjames875kenjames875 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I believe JB did what is best for him. The Bulldogs have some very talented wide receivers and I am excited to see Arian Smith play a full season. I am thankful for the contributions JB made while in Athens, but this is the nature of college football now.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

This refresh thing is absolutely making me mad! I wonder is their any help on the way?

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

I can't complete a thought hardly before it wipes my words out completely.

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you plan to write a lengthy response, it's best to write it in a blank Word document first, then copy and paste it here to submit.