Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NIL chatter, Lane Kiffin wisecracks put Jimbo Fisher in tizzy, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart weigh in

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageNIL chatter, Lane Kiffin wisecracks put Jimbo Fisher in tizzy, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart weigh in

MOBILE, Ala. — Jimbo Fisher lashed out at rival SEC coaches propagating the notion that Texas A&M boosters have set up a multi-million dollar NIL fund to aid the Aggies’ recruiting.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who is paying Who?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a lot easier now for boosters to pay college players because of the NIL. Those that holler the loudest that they are innocent about pay to athletes are most of the time guilty as alleged,

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you're a UGA fan and you have enough money...you too, can buy a player. He can be the face of your phantom company. Legal? Heck yeah. Let the bidding begin!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

You know that there will be boosters who will shell out for some kid only to have that kid hit the transfer portal in zero to 2 years.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This and the Kirby article next to it are two really good articles… really great reading!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2022

Jimbo says in his rant about Saban…. “You gripe about the transfer portal, and y’all took more people than anybody out of the portal… what about that, and what goes on? The hypocrisy!!!!”

Man, I felt that for all of college football. Lol

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No doubt about it, it's going to be a bidding war amongst most of the Universities boosters. Instead of be-itch about it, you would be better served as a booster donating NIL partner to organize. The landscape of college athletics is changing fast and like the portal, teams that don't adjust, will fall!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The part that I didn't hear in either of these video's of Fishers rant was when he basically in so many words challenged the accusers to a fight. I've been around and spoken to Jimbo outside of football many times when he was at Florida State and I like the guy, but he does lug around a tad bit of that little man syndrome!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

"you know where to find me....I'm not going anywhere ." Something like that

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Saban never personally gave out any envelopes but that oesn't mean the boosters didn't. As far as Jimbo goes I don't think he is a grinder. He may pile up the talent but listening to Salyer talk about the hard work they had to put in, if you just have a group of high paid prima donnas it aint going to work.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let them run their mouths. Just point to the banner !

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hate the big business of college football. All about $. First the BCS (which I actually like), then playoff (the worst thing for the sport), NIL payments, transfer, eligibility extensions, etc. Maybe the game has always just been about $ and I didn't always see it. Sad things.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did Jimbo say, If you ain't cheatin' you're cheatin' yourself?