Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban comments on addition of former Georgia receiver Jermaine Burton

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban comments on addition of former Georgia receiver Jermaine Burton

While much of the country was focused on the high school signees yesterday, coaches were also offered the ability to discuss some of the transfer portal additions during the college football offseason.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well they are definitely going to use him as a weapon if he's healthy.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

When HEALTHY he is a great receiver. That just has been a few and far between. Good luck to him though.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess JB didn't buy in.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tacky. It's just plain tacky.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love the UGA staffer taking pictures of saban in the background, such a fan!

• Options
    MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand Jermaine's decision to transfer to Bama. When you look at it, UGA's passing offense is not prolific like Bama's. Kirby emphasized fit, "do they fit our culture," he said so in this case, the transfer portal worked, as Jermaine is now in an offense that best fits him. 

I see a mutual benefit in Jermaine transferring to Bama. First, Kirby can now find another WR that doesn't mind playing in a low-volume passing offense. Second, Jermaine will likely triple his receiving output at Bama catching passes from the Heisman Trophy winner, increasing his NFL draft stock-both sides win.

Additionally, with the hire of B-MAC, I think he can bring in the WRs that fit what Kirby wants. I don't know how talented they will be, but I hope they'll be good enough for UGA to win another Natty or two. 

Go Dawgs! 

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did he comment on his defensive coordinators dui

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

Many of Stet’s runs were when no one was open and Burton was on the field.

Not much has been said about the weakness of this year’s Heisman field. Not many Heisman QB winners had games like Young had against LSU, A&M, and Auburn, not even counting UGA in the NCG.

Also, the guy who finished second got used like a rented mule in the semis against the Dawg’s OL.

My bet is that at least two WRs for UGA will have better stats next year than Burton.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's hilarious the way opinions are listed in bullet form to give them the illusion of fact. None of the things listed here are remotely true. But, you are entitled to your OPINION.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only STAT I care about...the ONLY stat that is important...is WINS. UGA had 14 of em last year and they will have more than their share again next year and the year after that. Beats the 1990's don't it?

Git er done Dawgs!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rumor is that if Saban doesn't win it all this year he retires.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

What a joke!

1. Stet was fourth in QB rating beating Young by almost 10 points.
    2. Young did not lead college football in any QB statistical category.
    3. Who gives a rat’s behind? We have a running game at RBU. Bama couldn’t run the ball in the NCG and Young was running for his life. How did that work out?
    4. If Burton does no better at creating separation at Bama than he did at UGA, his draft stock will be no better. Bama’s elite receivers spent their careers running free in defensive backfields. Burton did nothing to suggest he is elite. He simply made some plays college receivers are supposed to make.
    5. I certainly am not angry with Burton. I am indifferent because I think we have the talent without him to not skip a beat while going back-to-back!