Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

CFP Champion Georgia projects program NFL draft records, 4 first-round grades

SystemSystem Posts: 11,147 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageCFP Champion Georgia projects program NFL draft records, 4 first-round grades

ATHENS — Georgia’s national championship football team enjoyed a breakthrough season and appears on the verge of breaking more school records at the NFL draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a little surprised that OG Jamaree Salyer is not mentioned in the 1st round.

• KBPKBP Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@GoodtimeDawg ,

Guards usually don't go in the first round unless they are exceptional in pass and run blocking. If some team likes Salyer enough, he could go in the first round. I would love to see it but I doubt it will happen. If Pickens runs well at the combine, I am almost certain he goes in the first round. Selfishly, I would love to see Pickens in a Falcons uniform in the second round and Zeus in the third.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Channing Tindall second round

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would have thought Salyer might get into first round as a guard. He dominated in championship game when he moved over to guard.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't wish that on any of our Dawgs. Especially on the offensive side. Until overpaid Ryan retires. Just never really liked Matt Ryan.🤷‍♂️

I'm curious to see where Camarda ends up. He's a true weapon on special teams. Especially with word he was hitting over 70 yards in the air.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry guys. I should have read comments before posting instead of repeating the thoughts about Salyer.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Trying to think who I can remember in the last 15-20 years as a better skill position player than Pickens. Maybe Gurley, Stafford, Murray, Bowers.

Either way, he should be a 1st round pick. He is a game changer.

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

One who could have been a potential first rounder was Adam Anderson. Such a shame.

• jmr8046jmr8046 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Don't forget AJ Green. Personally, I wouldn't include Murray in that category. I know he set records, but he also played during the peak of Bobo's tenure as the OC. Our offense was setting all kinds of records at the point because Bobo became a really good play caller by that point. And we had Gurley too.