Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

On The Beat: Georgia football springs forward with Super Bowl QB, Arch Manning watch continues

2»

Comments

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His dad refuted the ONE report that Arch was down to 2 schools and matter of fact added 2 more, LSU and Florida. Could be smokescreen, but one guy having an unconfirmed report, with visits still to be made in the next couple of months, it seems 2 schools may be leading the others right now, but does not meant that the rest are out of consideration or contention. Just sayin'. It would be awesome to get him, but if not that is OK. Kirby's defense will be here every year and the QB room certainly is far from bare. Arch would just elevate the program even higher, particularly with future recruits. That being said. if he does not come to UGA, I really hope he goes to Ole Miss.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

Earl m MOST of what you said about AL is true. I said it last year, I said it this year and I will say it next year. As long as Saban is at AL recruiting #1 classes I will take AL vs the field every year. The Mannings don't strike me as people that are sellouts that will jump on the AL bandwagon. They may. We will see. I would say the jury is still out on Tua, Hurts and Mac. None have shown that they are even average NFL QB's after running up inflated numbers at AL surrounded by better players against over matched foes. BTW a UGA QB just won the SB. Football is a team game. As for the depth chart, I don't think a Manning will be deterred by a name in front of him. In fact, Peyton may advise Arch to go to a team where he doesn't have to start his 1st year. I am sure he remembers the beating he took as a rookie learning how to play on the next level. A year of apprenticeship seems to be way to go. Even Saban did it with Bryce Young with pretty good results. MS has 1 thing going for it. Archie, Cooper and Eli went there. I just don't see the Mannings entrusting their progeny to Lane Kiffin. The highlight of Lane's life as a man is that he is a football coach. The guy is a buffoon. He will do at least 3 things a season that are childish and embarrassing as the face of a program at a major university . The Mannings have too much class to associate with Lane Kiffin. It is highly probable that Arch would take a tremendous beating playing QB for MS. Why when you can pick a better team, any team? Again, maybe you will hear it this time, how CKS handled QB's as HC years 1-6 has no bearing on how he handles his QB situation going forward. I did not realize that CKS , at age 46, was incapable of any professional growth or personal change. Thank you for enlightening us all.