Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN’s Mina Kimes thinks Matt Stafford is unworthy of NFL Hall of Fame

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN’s Mina Kimes thinks Matt Stafford is unworthy of NFL Hall of Fame

Former UGA quarterback Matt Stafford led his team to a win in the Super Bowl on Sunday, and ESPN personality Mina Kimes still doesn’t think it’s enough to earn Stafford a spot in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmm, had Stafford played on a team with the threat of a running game and decent blocking, his numbers and accolades would be MUCH MUCH HIGHER. Playing for Detroit, typically a doormat team and one he got PUMMELED and played really injured, not just hurting, Stafford was STILL the fastest in NFL history to achieve certain marks for yardage, TD's, etc. If I am not mistaken. Is he Hall of Fame worthy? Not sure yet. But I KNOW this, without him this year Rams probably would not have even made the playoffs and if they had, absolutely ONE AND DONE. How many Super Bowls would he have been to if he had played from most teams besides Detroit. And may I remind you, rarely had any running game for defenses to focus on...Personally, I hope the bar is high enough to keep Sherman out with how he has played the last 5 plus years. But it won't. I do hope Stafford goes in just to throw it in Sherman's face and BIGGEST MOUTH THE NFL HAS TO OFFER. And if being tough as nails has anything to do with getting in to the HOF, Stafford should be first ballot. And had Stafford been on decent teams, at minimum, with a running game, his numbers would be much more. And on another note, any one of us could be Mia and we have opinions just like she does. Would like to see her play QB in the NFL for the Detroit Lions and get an idea of how hard it was for Stafford getting beat to death, and STILL playing at the level he did!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh, enamored of Mr. Burrow, is she?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN “personality” says it all! ESPN’s practice of hiring nothing but protected classes as talking heads with abject disregard for journalistic integrity has made them the world wide leader in producing politically correct liberal crap where once there was sports journalism. Why would anyone with half a brain give a rat’s patootee what Mina Himes thinks?

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

She’s more concerned about her hair instead of being a respected journalist. She won’t make the sports broadcaster hof.

• ugachrisugachris Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

ESPN is all about politics. Stafford's wife publicly criticized Michigan's Covid lockdowns, so ESPN hates both of them.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There's a growing amount of T&A in football TV. What does one expect?

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But CLOWNS like Richard Sherman are voted into the HOF. I guess you need a criminal record to be considered a potential candidate for the HOF..

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cooper Kupp, not “Connor Kupp.” Want to take you seriously as a “journalist” but mistakes of this nature make it difficult.