Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NATIONAL AWKWARD MOMENTS DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure all of us have, at one time or another, had an awkward moment (or several). Care to share one of yours?

NATIONAL AWKWARD MOMENTS DAY

On March 18th, we recognize National Awkward Moments Day. This is an annual day that every person can relate to. We have all had our awkward moments from time to time. They are a part of life; they just happen.

Awkwardness or embarrassment is defined as an emotional state of intense discomfort with oneself.

Have you ever called someone by the wrong name, tripped over nothing, walked into a door, had the completely wrong words come out of your mouth, or just forgotten what you were doing? The list could go on and on. Sometimes, things just do not seem to go right and something happens that may make you feel like you want to run and hide. No matter the day, today, or any other day, everyone has them. 

HOW TO OBSERVE #AwkwardMomentsDay

• Find the ability to laugh at yourself, see the humor in awkward moments and have fun with them.
  • Relive old awkward moments by telling stories about them. Laugh over them and enjoy the memory.
  • Help someone else recover from an awkward moment. They may be embarrassing at first. However, the humor in these moments shows just how human we can be. 
  • Keep in mind that no one is perfect, ever.
  • Wear humility like a cloak and laugh at yourself.

As a junior in college, I asked one of the prettiest girls in the school to the homecoming dance and a "pre-dinner" at a friend's home. I drank a bit (well, maybe more than a bit) too much wine at dinner. By the time we got back to school for the dance, I vomited and could barely walk up to my dorm room. Needless to say I couldn't make it to the dance. I don't even remember saying I was sorry to the girl and don't think we ever spoke again. As the saying goes, " I had outkicked my coverage" in that situation. What a mess this lad was!!

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

One off the top of my head; Before my first wedding, me and the soon too be wife met the pastor for "counseling" prior to the big day so we could understand the sanctity of marriage. Obvious questions on how we met, how we feel towards each other etc. etc. Then he threw the curve ball. " Who is your best friend?" Of course I blurted out my long time buddy and college roommate. Awkward to say the least....and maybe why that one didn't last...🤔