Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arch Madness: 5-star QB Arch Manning headlines big UGA weekend visit list

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageArch Madness: 5-star QB Arch Manning headlines big UGA weekend visit list

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry shares a look at a robust list of big-name prospects that are expected in Athens at some point this weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a marquee assemblage of young football talent at UGA. Interesting to watch and see how this all plays out commitment-wise. They will surely get more than a birds eye view of UGA football drills. I suspect UGA QBs will chat with Manning. Coach Smart's team pulling out all the stops. Great to have the Natty as a talking point. Go gett'em Dawgs.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can somebody explain why LT Overton would even considering going to Texas A&M at this point?

There are three defensive linemen rated higher than him at A&M in the '22 class alone! When would he get a chance to play?

I get that rotation can be a great route at top-tier schools, but UGA has the better track record on rotating DTs so that they develop and shine. And which team developed D-linemen (including a former 3-star Outland Trophy winner) so well that three of them -- yes, THREE -- are about to be taken in the first round, while another is a consensus too-early All-American?

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Then again, I'm a little biased. ;-)

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,562 admin

You really should @KhunKhaoDawg

That's actually a dated weight. Pearce told me this morning that he's now up to 235 pounds.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He/she was pointing out the typo, Jeff. I see you're new to KhunKhaoDawg's posts.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay I want all of them.😎

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's raining stars in Athens, GA.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey Jeff Sentell, why did so many good players pick this weekend?...to all come at the same time?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You mean besides the $$$ aTm is throwing around? I believe the Overton family has connections at aTm, OK, AL and another school as well. I believe he mostly grew up in AL. Didn't UGA recruit "three defensive linemen rated higher than him in the '22 class alone" also? Because of his reclassification, LT may be looking at this season as more of a developmental, platooning type season. He certainly is not going to play "rotating DT" at 265 this year in the SEC as an 18 (?) yo. LT will probably play a similar role to Travon Walker once he matures. More of a 5 tech DE. It will be interesting to see what he does. Does he go for $$$? Immediate playing time? Development? Stay close to home/family? Where does the UGA roster limit of 85 currently stand? Is there room for another scholarship on the DL? UGA signed 14 DL over the last 3 classes. There's going to be competition no matter where he goes.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,562 admin
    edited March 2022