Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 Georgia football takeaways from opening week of 2022 spring drills

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
image3 Georgia football takeaways from opening week of 2022 spring drills

ATHENS — Kirby Smart calls this the “identity phase,” his favorite time of year with the Georgia football program as he instructs and identifies the “Top Dawgs.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

How's the new punter doing?

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope "IT" happens this year too.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

What am I missing after reading this "Bennett, to his credit, wants to play out every opportunity in his football career, even while a more lucrative future appears to await him off the gridiron." You mean to tell me that Bennett, America's and Georgia's darling and sweetheart, will not be making 5 plus years of non-football salary from NIL money this year? At least a few years? I mean he has got to make a million or close this year doesn't he? Maybe more? He will not be an NFL QB so for him to NOT come back this year would have been, well, just the worst decision EVER. Right? Got to be. I didn't ever get him not coming back to UGA to play this year because on top of the NIL money waiting for him, that would have burned a lot of bridges probably with future income, at least short term, because his public likability would have taken a really nice hit if he left because "he was not guaranteed the starting job." And now I do not get that a more lucrative future awaits him NOT playing for UGA?! Man I need Bill King to enlighten me again like he did yesterday, when he said that UGA is not guaranteed to win the Natty this year! And...we can't even have a convo about it! Did ya'll know those things. Me neither! Thank the Lord for Bill. Where is Bill when you really need him to state the not obvious, instead of the "yeah we know Bill, we have a pulse" obvious?