Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2021 Georgia football signees earn early praise during spring practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
image2021 Georgia football signees earn early praise during spring practice

Georgia football has seen some 2021 signees earn high praise early on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good read, Riley. Along with the upperclassmen, I really like our roster. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sometimes it’s maddening the lack of real information coming out of Kirby’s Butts-Mehre, but there’s few things that match the thrill, once the season starts, of seeing young sleepers no one was talking about seemingly come out of nowhere to become indispensable cogs in the Dawg machine!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would've been nice to see a deeper cut on players with promise that were reserves last season. There are so many. Everybody that is a UGA fans already knows about Mitchell, Mims and JDJ. Meeks? MMorris? How is Blaylock looking? Ratledge prognosis? Beck's command of the O? NGreen's weight? Lassiter looking better than last year? A few off the top of my head. Mims has to be at RT as soon as he is ready. WMcClendon at RG w/Mims at RT is a better OL than the reverse.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The answers to any and all of your questions would be pure conjecture including your statement about McClendon and Mims. That’s just life with Kirby and his maniacal control of the program and information. I certainly am not complaining! Everything Kirby does seems to work toward the end goal of winning championships.

Heck, we still don’t know what was up with JT after he was healthy last year and why Kirby didn’t let him run the offense when he came in during blowouts. That, and many other questions about last year’s team will forever go unanswered. The bottom line is it really doesn’t matter. Kirby’s proof is in the trophy case in Butts-Mehre.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Not all the information has to come from the HC. Really not conjecture asking for UGA beat writers like Sentell, Riley and Griffith, who attend practices, talk to players and coaches, to report more than conjecture. These guys are "insiders". There are others. BAdams, TEdwards, Stinchcomb. It is also not conjecture to make assumptions about Mims. "watching how he works. It’s a thing of beauty. I’m looking forward to how he takes the next step because he’s a generational talent" . Generational talent. Don't recall anyone ever saying that about former 3* McClendon. That's according to the starting C for UGA. The guy is 6'7" and 325 lbs and a superb athlete. With those types of accolades and attributes do you really think it is conjecture that the guy is gonna be good? Really good? Like in better that WMcClendon good? Not conjecture with experienced football people. Though at this level sometimes it is not even about talent. For CKS it is about juggling players and PT to try and keep more people happy and out of the TP. JSalyer was content to be developed w/the 2nd unit where Cade Mays commitment was more precarious. Mays played more though Salyer was the better player. There are some things that CKS can't hide. Mims being really good is one. As far as JTD's situation goes there are too many possibilities for how last year played out. That would be conjecture. IF JT's situation was a result of his health then any associated information is protected by federal law (HIPAA) for privacy. IMO CKS didn't need the QB to carry the team so he stuck with guy who , in his mind, gave him the added dimension of mobility at the position. Needed, in his mind, due to the inexperienced, makeshift OL. Every suggestion I made for information below are things these guys can readily see in practice.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

The new punter? How is the new punter?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk about conjecture...that's all I've heard with regard to the QB position.

Was JT Daniels ever fully healthy last year? CKS has always kept QB status close to the vest. Who knows?

Is Bennett 23 going on 24 as CKS stated or is he 24 going on 25 as Mike Griffith contest to assert? If he was 24 going on 25...it would mean that he played in the GHSA Playoffs, graduated high school and started his Freshman year of college, at the ripe age of 19. Not likely.

Was Beck really the #2:coming out of Fall Camp as revisionist historians @DawgNation now assert? CKS never named a #2 going into the Clemson game. It was only after that game and prior to JT being withheld from the UAB game that Beck was named #2. What nobody knew, and ESPN/SECN admitted this at the time, was that Bennett had been named #1 going into the UAB game. CKS kept Daniels injury status close to the vest in that game, in the ARK game and throughout the year.

And, that's just the QB position. LOL

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

I got questions also, but after winning the big trophy I'm more inclined to just trust Coach. I remember spring practice last year and how worried I was about the quarterback situation. I finally decided it would be Daniels and Kirby would soon tell us why. He chose Bennett and took us straight to a championship so this year I don't have as many questions. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...Fans always have questions and there's nothing wrong with that. That's part of the fun for both the players and fans alike. It makes the game interesting, especially in the offseason. I welcome that type of debate or conversation, myself.

It's not the questions or curiosity that bothers me...it's the backhanded comments and idiotic advice from ignorant know-it-all types that really get my goat. And, I enjoy putting them in their place, every chance I get. They usually don't show up till the season starts and I suspect most of them are BAMA, FLA or AUB fans, trying to sow discourse in DawgNation. LOL