Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett goes into detail about his decision to return to Georgia for 2022 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,428 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett goes into detail about his decision to return to Georgia for 2022 season

Georgia football quarterback Stetson Bennett goes into detail about why he came back to Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

“So, let’s go do it again.”

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"After a hilarious interview with Good Morning America"...

Well, I'm not sure I'd put it that way. Awkward and uncomfortable, yes.

I think we all want the same thing. We just want everyone to get a shot. I think we agree that Beck didn't super impress in his somewhat limited time and so not many were upset that he didn't get to play more. JT deserved more time playing though - having your starter in during 4th quarter blowouts is not smart by any means. Vandagriff was a Freshman, so I can't judge too much, but I would've preferred to see more than one pass attempt all year.

So, in the end, that's all we are asking. Just give the guys a real shot. If Bennett is the best fit, then that's great, but we are tired of losing QBs to the Portal and wondering what would've happened.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirk uses the term “we” very loosely. The only time I haven’t supported Kirby’s handling of QBs is when he continued to give Fields meaningful unearned entitlement snaps in place of Fromm who had earned the play of QB1. How did that work out? Fields still transferred and Fromm left early not to have been back on campus nor heard from after winning the national championship. As for JT, just look at the quality of teams that are pursuing him. Not exactly championship quality.

• Options
    DoublegDoubleg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

"So, in the end, that's all we are asking. Just give the guys a real shot" - That's what Spring Practice is for. Giving all the QBs a "shot". And at the end of the day, whoever performs the best in Spring Practice 'should' be. Monken, more than Smart, is the decisionmaker on this, as Kirby's focus, naturally, is on the defense.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bet on Stet!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LMAO...Some people just can't get their mind wrapped around the fact, they've been wrong at every turn on the viability of UGA's offense relative to the QB position...1/11th of the offense.

@kirkhilles -- Kirby and Todd have it covered with their 40+ years experience in the SEC/NFL venue. Just sit back and let them do the evaluating and you do the second guessing and cheering. LOL