Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart worried about Georgia cornerback position: ‘It’s certainly a position of concern’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart worried about Georgia cornerback position: ‘It’s certainly a position of concern’

Georgia coach Kirby Smart shared his worries about the cornerback position, even with Kelee Ringo returning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I certainly hope Tykee Smith is available soon. He’s easily one of the most decorated DBs we’ve ever had based on his 1st two years in college at West Virginia. I haven’t heard much about him other than he’s “healing” and the coaches were ecstatic he didn’t declare for the NFL.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Worry, worry, worry. That's all Coach Kirby does.

Thank God!

Remember he said the same thing about our CBs and WRs last spring and they turned out all right.

More than all right!! I like our chances with this group of CBs and WRs and the development they will get from Coach Kirby and his staff!

Go Dawgs! National Champions! 1942, 1980, 2021

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Those guys are a little higher maintenance in terms of thinking of themselves."

No truer words have been spoken.

It has always held true that the farther away from the LOS you get the bigger the EGO. Blue-collar skill kids are a rarity and it really makes you appreciate kids like Stokes.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe TSmith played in 1 game last year (AU 10/9)(redshirt?) and was hurt the following week in practice. That puts his injury around the middle of October '21. A DB puts more pressure on his knees tracking cutting WR's and planting legs to absorb hits during tackles. For those reasons I expect his recovery to playing condition to take longer than GPickens (who ran more straight line patterns upon his return). There may be no way TSmith is pressed into game action before mid-October. There may be no need before FU on 10/29/22.

Hemingwey, we probably agree on more than you think.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Read an article on Saturday Down South where Nick Saban highly praised transfer RB Jahmyr Gibbs and said transfer CB Elias Ricks "has done a good job". He also singled out a freshman "ATH" (wr) Kendrick Law "has done a really good job at receiver". AL also has 2 other 5* and three 4* wr's IN THIS CLASS ('22). No mention of Jermaine Burton who may find earning playing time at AL more difficult than expected. IN ADDITION, the four 4* wr's from the '21 class may be wondering where their playing time will come from with all of these additions. It will be interesting to see if AL experiences big transfer portal activity following their spring game when the depth chart is revealed. AL recruited seven 4* DB's and one 5* DB over the last 2 recruiting cycles. Will they all stay with Saban bringing Ricks in over them? I would expect UGA to make room for a transfer CB and possibly WR if the right players become available.