- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
NATIONAL CHEESE STEAK DAY
Do you enjoy cheese steaks? What's your favorite place to eat a cheese steak ?
NATIONAL CHEESESTEAK DAY
National Cheesesteak Day on March 24th not only celebrates a fantastic sandwich but it recognizes one of this nation’s greater debates; Who created this deliciousness?
It’s like March Madness for a cheesesteak. Pat’s and Geno’s square off at 10 AM followed by Chubby’s and Dalessandro’s at 11 AM. Then Jim’s and Tony Luke’s at Noon. Basketball fans know how brackets go. Someone is gonna get a by.
However, the credit is given to a hot dog vendor from the 1930s, Pat Olivieri. According to Philadelphia’s tourism site, Pat’s King of Steaks sits on its original location and is still going strong. This writer has had a cheesesteak from there and would go back in a heartbeat.
The important thing is this fabulous, juicy sandwich on a hoagie roll. The roll is filled with chipped steak, and you can order it with or without cheese and onions. If you’ve never had one, you can really only get an authentic one in Philly. Other places try, so go where you can. But someday, go to Philadephia. It is the real deal.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCheesesteakDay
- Invite your friends and head over to your favorite cheesesteak restaurant.
- Get it with cheese (it’s cheesesteak day, not steak day) and add the onions, too.
- Make your own cheesesteak.
- Give a shout-out to the restaurant that makes your favorite cheesesteak.