Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

JT Daniels headed to West Virginia, praises Georgia football fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2022

Undefeated at UGA. Definitely a top QB in the nation. Hate things did not go differently for him with that injury right before the season started and then that hurt other muscles, etc that were compensating for the hurt one. Tough, tough, break. If he and Pickens would have been healthy, it would have been something else! Very best of luck JT. This will be your year! And it will be a healthy one! Best of luck in the NFL too. Hope to see you play for another 15 years

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know about you and the rest of Dawg Nation, but, I'm getting sick and tired of the woulda, coulda, shoulda's with great UGA Athletes that never quite reached their full potential in Athens...for whatever reason.

It seems like it all started when Herschel Walker decided to jump to the USFL after his Junior year. At the time, College players weren't eligible to play in the NFL until after their Senior year. It was a gut punch to Dooley and the program. UGA came close to winning the Natty in '81 & '82 and were poised to do it again in '83.

Then there was AJ Green...gets suspended for selling a darned shirt. He and Matt Stafford were expected to set the world on fire. Never quite materialized.

Let's not forget Todd Gurley and the $500 autographs. LOL. Give me a break. His lost time due to injury and Suspension cost UGA big over a 2 year period.

Just when Nick Chubb was getting ready to go on a tear, his knee snaps backwards...out for the season.

Pickens never was completely healthy after his Freshman year.

And then there's JT. I'll never quite understand why it took him a year and 2 months to recover from the knee injury he sustained in the 1st game of 2019. I'm sure there must be a good reason, but, it's unfortunate. If he could've started at least by the 2nd game of 2020, UGA might have won their Natty that year.

If Bennett doesn't injure his throwing shoulder after the 2nd TD against FLA in 2020, they probably go on to win that game and go to the SECC.

Thank God we don't have to use the, "what if'", when we talk about 2021. If UGA had not won the Natty, 2021 would have been chock full of "what if's"....from Daniels to Pickens...from Ratledge to Erickson...from Tykee Smith to Adam Anderson. Erickson did move to RG, but, the rest were basically out or limited throughout the year. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. LOL

In any case, I'm grateful to have a team to root for, that's not in the SEC. I think, maybe Daniels decided not to go to Missouri because he didn't want to have to play against his Brothers in Athens. I suspect he'll be pulling for UGA to win it again unless WV goes to the CFP.

Go Dawgs and Mountaineers!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's awesome all the way around and I very much hope he is the starter from Day 1 and just has jaw-dropping stats (he should). It wasn't his fault that he didn't get enough playing time last year and had he been the fulltime starter would've easily been drafted this year. Class Act plus he chose a school where he can not only show off, but is out of the SEC and Top 5. Best of luck!!