Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

G-Day 2022: The best surprise was no surprise at all

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageG-Day 2022: The best surprise was no surprise at all

If you approached Saturday’s G-Day Game expecting to be surprised, you might have been disappointed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Bill for another great article. I’m glad you mentioned Bennett’s interception with 3 seconds left in the 1st half. That was a good observation on your part and the Bennett Bashers should not worry about that INT. It was a 4th down play and his ONLY choice was to throw into a crowd in the endzone. It would make no sense whatsoever to throw it away or take a sack. Clearly we would have kicked a field goal in a regular season game and Stetson would have thrown the ball away if it had been any other down than 4th. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great synopsis Bill. The best thing about yesterday for me was coming away seeing no significant injuries to anyone during the game....at least as far as I could tell. The 2nd best thing was seeing Gilbert on the field with that BIG ole' smile! Glad to see he's back and hopefully has worked through all his off-field life challenges. I wish him the best and can't wait to see him in action this Fall.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"pretty much his usual play" is still worrisome. I keep waiting for a guy with 3 years starting experience (1 in the "minor" leagues) and all those practice reps to make that jump. To his credit he did throw the ball away a couple of times vs AL in the CFBCG. But he still throws the ball up. It will be interesting to see how much he improves this fall on a stacked team offensively.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DIdn't Kenny Mc drop a sure TD from Bennet around the goal line or was that another QB?

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Overall a good game. Weather was fine, especially after it looked like it was going to rain all day. It's always a dilemma who to root for. If one defense does particularly well, that worries one about the offense and vice versa. I agree with Kirby that a close games is best and it was a good ending.

If you didn't get to go, the SEC Shorts event/show at the Milton theater Saturday night was great. Very funny and lots of ribbing of Bama and their fans, concluding with a nice parody of Tech. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. I was not familiar with the Milton building until this event. Didn't even know it existed and I assume it was just office space when I was in school (80's). It's been remodeled and is very nice inside. Built in 1910, the space between rows seems made for someone the size of that era; not much leg room.